Airbike Intervals
(Short Hills Indoor version)

2min - warm up pace

- 20sec - Max Out
- 40 sec - Recovery pace
x10

5min - Cool down pace

Good drill to start December!! :lol:
I'm gunna come over and borrow your AD ;). Keep up the good work Bark. Your consistency and attitude towards training is seriously admirable.

Barkadion

Re: Barkadion TB Logs

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:
Barkadion wrote:12/01/16
Black OP block#2 (Sub-cluster)
Week#5, Thursday

Airbike Intervals
(Short Hills Indoor version)

2min - warm up pace

- 20sec - Max Out
- 40 sec - Recovery pace
x10

5min - Cool down pace

Good drill to start December!! :lol:
I'm gunna come over and borrow your AD ;). Keep up the good work Bark. Your consistency and attitude towards training is seriously admirable.

Anytime, mate! Thanks for kind words.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

12/05/16
Week#6, Monday

Lifts

DL - 1x1, 320
RI - 3min

Front Squat - 3x2, 185
Dips - 3x2, 70
Seal Rows - 3x2, 190
RI - 2-2:15min

AD cool down, 10min

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

12/06/16
Black OP Block#2 (Sub-cluster)
Week#6, Tuesday

Fobbit Intervals (Easy week)

Airbike x 2 Minutes
KB Swings 1H x 5/arm, 55
Airbike x 2 Minutes
KB Snatch x 5/arm, 40
Airbike x 2 Minutes

15min

AD cool down, 5 min

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

12/07/16
Week#6, Wednesday

Lifts

DL - 1x1, 320
RI - 3min

Front Squat - 3x2, 185
Dips - 3x2, 70
Seal Rows - 3x2, 190
RI - 2-2:20min

AD cool down, 10min

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

12/09/16
Week#6, Friday

Lifts

DL - 1x1, 320
RI - 3min

Front Squat - 3x2, 185
Dips - 3x2, 70
Seal Rows - 3x2, 190
RI - 2-2:15min

AD cool down, 10min

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Block#2 is done! I like this block a lot!!! Yes!!
I might trow one more LSS run tomorrow, though. Will see.

Just want to share few thoughts

- DL and FS in the same session is a perfect couple.
- Having 1 set of DL as a very first movement in every session is great! It fires up the CNS and creates a base for the whole workout. Assuming you are reasonable with your TM.
- Weighted Dips is a blessing. It feels just awesome. Just mind your shoulders and don't go too low.
- Super-setting with all exercises in the block and keeping allowed RI is the best way of pushing trough the session. I love that.
- I like this schedule: 2-3 blocks of main cluster/1 block of sub-cluster. Repeat.
- Standard OP set scheme is perfect! 5-5-4/3; 5-4-3 - rocks!
- HIC is a great way to address accessory. I have used swings, snatches, and face pulls as part of HIC. No need for finishers!
- I like keeping LSS runs with 30min timing and going by feeling about it. It can be any other week, or every week, or every 3rd week. Don't sweat about the precise scheduling for this one.
- Take week off after ever 6-weeker is a good idea.

What now?

- Week off. I might do some mobility routines, easy runs, brisk walks. Or just nothing.

What is next?

- Gong back to main OP cluster.
- No re-testing. I will use forced progression based on my 1st main cluster numbers.
- I am not sure if I will keep DL around or substitute it with swings finishers. I might go for golden standard SQ/BP/WPU with DLx1/week. Will see.
- Also, I am not 100% sure that my left elbow is completely ready for WPUs. I might start with it and I might switch to some row variation if needed.
- I want to approach HICs with a shuffle mode this time around. Usually, I choose 2 HICs and I progress with it along the way. I want to implement Russian roulette approach this time and let the randomness to guide me.

I'd appreciate your critique and comments!

xfitxm

Post by xfitxm »

Barkadion wrote:Block#2 is done! I like this block a lot!!! Yes!!

- Having 1 set of DL as a very first movement in every session is great! It fires up the CNS and creates a base for the whole workout. Assuming you are reasonable with your TM.
- Weighted Dips is a blessing. It feels just awesome. Just mind your shoulders and don't go too low.
- Super-setting with all exercises in the block and keeping allowed RI is the best way of pushing trough the session. I love that.
- I like this schedule: 2-3 blocks of main cluster/1 block of sub-cluster. Repeat.
- HIC is a great way to address accessory. I have used swings, snatches, and face pulls as part of HIC. No need for finishers!
- I like keeping LSS runs with 30min timing and going by feeling about it. It can be any other week, or every week, or every 3rd week. Don't sweat about the precise scheduling for this one.

What now?

- Week off. I might do some mobility routines, easy runs, brisk walks. Or just nothing.

What is next?

- No re-testing. I will use forced progression based on my 1st main cluster numbers.
- I am not sure if I will keep DL around or substitute it with swings finishers. I might go for golden standard SQ/BP/WPU with DLx1/week. Will see.
- Also, I am not 100% sure that my left elbow is completely ready for WPUs. I might start with it and I might switch to some row variation if needed.
- I want to approach HICs with a shuffle mode this time around. Usually, I choose 2 HICs and I progress with it along the way. I want to implement Russian roulette approach this time and let the randomness to guide me.

Interesting, I was approaching HIC in a shuffle way but I planned to move for trying to progress because I didn't know if I progressed. (mostly because of lack of tracking from me, I assume)

I'm looking forward to see if your different cluster affected your main lifts in any ways.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

xfitxm wrote:
Barkadion wrote:Block#2 is done! I like this block a lot!!! Yes!!

What now?

What is next?

Interesting, I was approaching HIC in a shuffle way but I planned to move for trying to progress because I didn't know if I progressed. (mostly because of lack of tracking from me, I assume)

I'm looking forward to see if your different cluster affected your main lifts in any ways.
I just didn't like the mental aspect of it for some reasons.. Like you HAVE TO do this particular HIC.. So I had to push myself in a way.. It is supposed to be fun :D

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

12/10/16
Week#6, Saturday

E
LSS AD ride, 30min

Man, oh man..what a nice little gem.. I should've done it before. Really cool total body slow cooker. Outstanding recovery tool. I will be keeping this one around. Specifically for 3rd and 6th week. Nice way to finish a week of heavy lifting with a smile on your face.

This winter will bring a lot of tactical fun to me 8-)