Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Bjj Gi Midday session
Working on leg weave pass and staying tight, killing the leg and hooks.

Felt good to be back on the mats, but I am having some issues with injuries and similar lately. I am contemplating taking a couple months off the barbells and working on some movement and flexibility drills and focusing more on my BJJ. I seem to be changing things a bit lately, but it may be time for a break from the barbells and to work on my biggest weaknesses. I have never been mobile or flexible and it might be time to change that.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Midday Gi BJJ

Working on leg weave and passing again.
5x5 min rolls starting from leg weave pass alternate top and bottom.

It was a great BJJ session and good to cover off this pass again this week. I still have a sore neck but I just babied it through the rounds of rolling. I paired up with a bigger bloke for the drilling and it was great to feel his pressure.

I will try and squat tomorrow and then I am in Fiji diving with the wife for a week. Either way next week will be a week away from the barbells. From there I will reasses whether I will take a break to let some injuries heal in terms of heavy weightlifting.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Forgot last nights training...

Week 3 90%
Zulu + Fighter Pullups

Benchpress 3x5 90 kg
Fighter Pullups 14/12/12/10/8
Alternate rounds
3x10 sec L sit knees bent on kettlebell

I got through the session easily but my neck is still causing me issues. I think I need a break from the barbells and to improve my mobility and change things up a bit.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Just had a lovely week of diving ,snorkelling and similar in fiji. I also took a full week off all structured training. My body felt absolutely destroyed and I felt every little ache and pain.

I spent my time off reading dan john Never Let Go and Gray Cooks Movement again. Dan johns book was absolutely brilliant and made me consider adding some of his ideas in. I really need to start working on some movement and mobility work and will be adding some stuff to my warmups in the future.

I will take one more day to recover from the flight and then decide what my plan for the next couple weeks is.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Enjoying another light week

Working on some movement and locomotion from gold medal bodies.
I will be doing their elements program for the coming weeks and backing off the heavy weights.

yesterdays training
Warm up
Basic assessments of Bear,monkey and frogger.

Bear- Need to work on head position and very tight through hips and lower back
Monkey- Feel pretty strong through movement and was my favourite
Frogger- I am able to hit the deep squat but feel like I need to improve the mobility through my hips.

Stretches

Todays Training

Warmup
Bear- 2.5 mins- Fatigue through legs, arms and had trouble relaxing and with head, but overall did alright.
Stretches

I definitely feel like I could do another workout and this would be a great warmup. Surprisingly sore through the legs and lower back from yesterday. I might do some light front squats and kettlebell presses this afternoon.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Maxrip13 wrote: Basic assessments of Bear,monkey and frogger.

Frogger- I am able to hit the deep squat but feel like I need to improve the mobility through my hips.
Interesting. Where can I get more info on this assessment?

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

DocOctagon wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote: Basic assessments of Bear,monkey and frogger.

Interesting. Where can I get more info on this assessment?
Google gold medal bodies.

To be honest it's just a plug and play mobility program I purchased off their site. I have used similar programs before and it seems the best way for me to force myself to do something that isn't heavy weights. They also have some really good free articles that will cover the movements.

You could really just youtube and copy the movements and add it in as a warmup, but I will say their wrist and hand mobility stuff has been worth the cost already. I shattered my wrist years ago and it is feeling pretty mobile for the first time in years.

I plan on doing the 7 week program and seeing where my mobility ends up. I will switch to fighter for a couple weeks with a focus on quality for my lifts and try to get some extra BJJU and sprint work in.

I also like the look of their rings program in the future to combine with fighter focusing on squats and probably the Olympic snatch. I seem to be in one of those moods where I need a change of programming lately haha.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays second session

Warmup
Front squat 60kg 3x5
1 leg deadlift 16kg 3x3

1 arm kettlebell military press 16kg 3x5 ea side

A frame to cobra
Shoulder stretch

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Todays second session

Warmup
Front squat 60kg 3x5
1 leg deadlift 16kg 3x3

1 arm kettlebell military press 16kg 3x5 ea side

A frame to cobra
Shoulder stretch
Very smart programming. Prehab and safe. Awesome.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Yesterdays training

Gmb elements warmup and stretching

Todays training
Warmup

Monkey practice

Stretches
Lunge and monkey stretch

Very short easy training session today. I really enjoy the wrist and hand warmups with this program. I reckon ill do some strength work tomorrow. I am having heaps of issues with my left knee and not sure where to go with it. I can do these movements but weighted squats are a problem.