Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training

Full mobility warmup
3x100m hill sprints
Full mobility Stretches
Wortk on bottom position squat for 30 secs

Today is an easy day for the mobility program i am doing. I added some sprints and these were harder than i thought they would be.

Ill either hit up the gym or use some kettleberlls tomorrow. I am visiting family and just training by feel outs ide the mobility work.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Maxrip13 wrote:
DocOctagon wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote: Basic assessments of Bear,monkey and frogger.

Bear- Need to work on head position and very tight through hips and lower back
Monkey- Feel pretty strong through movement and was my favourite
Frogger- I am able to hit the deep squat but feel like I need to improve the mobility through my hips.
Interesting. Where can I get more info on this assessment?
Google gold medal bodies.

To be honest it's just a plug and play mobility program I purchased off their site. I have used similar programs before and it seems the best way for me to force myself to do something that isn't heavy weights. They also have some really good free articles that will cover the movements.

You could really just youtube and copy the movements and add it in as a warmup, but I will say their wrist and hand mobility stuff has been worth the cost already. I shattered my wrist years ago and it is feeling pretty mobile for the first time in years.

I plan on doing the 7 week program and seeing where my mobility ends up. I will switch to fighter for a couple weeks with a focus on quality for my lifts and try to get some extra BJJU and sprint work in.

I also like the look of their rings program in the future to combine with fighter focusing on squats and probably the Olympic snatch. I seem to be in one of those moods where I need a change of programming lately haha.

Copy that, thanks

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training

Morning
Warmup
Frogger practice
Stretches

Afternoon
Warmup
1 arm kb ohp 24kg 2x5
Kettlebell straight leg deadlift 24kg 2x10
1 leg glute bridge 2x5

Some mobility and frogger practice to start the day. I find the frogger to be the hardest movement so it was good to work on it on its own. First week of elerments done.

I just played witha kettlebell in the arvo and was surprised how hard pressing a 24kg bell was. I think it might be time for more single limb work.

My knees and back are causing issues and limiting my heavy lifting. I need to work out whats going on with things.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Yesterday's Training

14km walk through very hilly terrain.

The walk was 7km each way to check out a local surf break. It was on a decent path but through some very hilly terrain.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Morning

GMB Elements Practice
Bear,Monkey Frog and associated Warmups/Stretches

I can do all the movements at a basic level and perform them for roughly 2 mins each before fatigue sets in and form breaks down.
I am looking forward to the harder variations in the future as these ones are a little easy right now.

I am still sore through the shins and legs from my walk the other day. I will probably do a small strength session later today after getting some errands taken care of. I am thinking I will do a light TB fighter for the next couple weeks. I am tossing up the following-

Pistols or Front Squats
Ring Pushups or 1 arm Kettlebell Overhead presses
Weighted Pullups working off a conservative RM or 20 kg Weight and progressing my reps.

I will also try and sprint once a week and do a LSD run or walk fortnightly.
I should have things covered with BJJ 2-3 times a week and just maintaining my strength.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Second Training session today

TB Fighter Week 1

Pistol Squat onto truck tire, Alt R and L, x 5 reps each side
Lizard/Foam roll ITB

Ring Pushup x 8 reps
Lat/Pec Stretch

Weighted Pullup 20kg x5 reps
Lat Stretch/ Shoulder mobility

x 4 rounds

I decided to go with mostly bodyweight stuff to mix things up. I will also be travelling next week again and this will make things easier to continue to train.

I will gradually improve the mobility on the pistol with the eventual goal to work up to using a 32kg kettlebell for the movement. I have gone as high as 24kg in the past and love this movement.

I will add reps on the weighted ring pushup until I hit 10 for multiple sets with excellent form. My eventual goal is sets of 5 sets of 10 with the 20 kg weighted vest. I will then progress to dips if I haven't switched back to bench pressing.

I will add reps on the weighted pullups with the eventual goal of 10 perfect reps with the 20 kg vest. These are dead hang and extremely strict pullups with a pause between reps.

Tomorrow will hopefully be BJJ for a midday session and I will try and sneak a run in after. I am thinking longer intervals somewhere around the 800m mark and running them at around 70-80%.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Second Training session today

TB Fighter Week 1

Lizard/Foam roll ITB

Ring Pushup x 8 reps
Lat/Pec Stretch

x 4 rounds

I decided to go with mostly bodyweight stuff to mix things up. I will also be travelling next week again and this will make things easier to continue to train.

I will gradually improve the mobility on the pistol with the eventual goal to work up to using a 32kg kettlebell for the movement. I have gone as high as 24kg in the past and love this movement.

I will add reps on the weighted ring pushup until I hit 10 for multiple sets with excellent form. My eventual goal is sets of 5 sets of 10 with the 20 kg weighted vest. I will then progress to dips if I haven't switched back to bench pressing.

I will add reps on the weighted pullups with the eventual goal of 10 perfect reps with the 20 kg vest. These are dead hang and extremely strict pullups with a pause between reps.

Tomorrow will hopefully be BJJ for a midday session and I will try and sneak a run in after. I am thinking longer intervals somewhere around the 800m mark and running them at around 70-80%.
Great cluster! I like your creativity :)
How do you like "box" pistols? I had in mind trying it but I haven't come around it..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote:

TB Fighter Week 1

Lizard/Foam roll ITB

Ring Pushup x 8 reps
Lat/Pec Stretch

x 4 rounds

How do you like "box" pistols? I had in mind trying it but I haven't come around it..
I love box pistols :) I have used them a year or so ago for a very successful TB fighter cycle over a 12 week + period. I used Pistols, benchpress and weighted pullups with the 20kg vest.

I went from squatting on a bench at barely parallel and finished up with using a 24kg kettlebell for ass to grass perfect reps.
I believe I was good for singles with a 32kg bell, but I can't find that training log anywhere.

I was having a heap of issues with my back and needed to avoid back squats for a while. I am not sure why I didn't cycle it in more often to give myself a break from barbell squats.

Hopefully this can allow me to focus on my conditioning and BJJ for a while.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

TB Fighter Week 1

Lizard/Foam roll ITB

Ring Pushup x 8 reps
Lat/Pec Stretch

x 4 rounds

I love box pistols :) I have used them a year or so ago for a very successful TB fighter cycle over a 12 week + period. I used Pistols, benchpress and weighted pullups with the 20kg vest.

I went from squatting on a bench at barely parallel and finished up with using a 24kg kettlebell for ass to grass perfect reps.
I believe I was good for singles with a 32kg bell, but I can't find that training log anywhere.

I was having a heap of issues with my back and needed to avoid back squats for a while. I am not sure why I didn't cycle it in more often to give myself a break from barbell squats.

Hopefully this can allow me to focus on my conditioning and BJJ for a while.
Great! Good luck with conditioning!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Morning

Warm up mobility work
Bear Practice
stretches

Midday BJJ GI

Working armbar from closed guard(slow and technically perfect)
Stack defence and using the choi bar and also truck to back take
5x5 min rolls at varying intensity

Mobility practice went well and I am definitely getting better at the movements, but I would like to do some more specific work than what the program offers so far. I am only in the second week so I am sure it will progress soon.

It was great to get back on the mats and I really enjoyed todays techniques. I will definitely add the choi bar and stack counter to my game.
I had some good rolls but was unable to bridge to escape mount due to my neck. I need to both fix this neck and add some other mount escapes as right now I just give up my back. Haha not winning any comps with that strategy in the future.