Re: crnewhouse TB Training Log

Post by crnewhouse »

Date: Thursday, September 22, 2016
Type: LSS (Run)
Distance: 2.89 miles
Duration: 35:00
Average Pace: 12:07
Average HR: 145

Comments: Another morning run. A couple of spikes towards the end, but the run still felt comfortable. This is LSS number two for the week. Tomorrow I will do another SE session without the Elliptical LSS and then Saturday morning I will hit the final LSS for the week.
“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

b00tler

Post by b00tler »

crnewhouse wrote:
Following this, I will move onto Figher Bangkok with the Green protocol to get ready for a half marathon in February.
I am toying with running the 3M Half Marathon in February--it is a great race and a great time of year to race.

How many times/week will you end up running using Green? (I guess I could look that up , but I suspect you already know...)

crnewhouse

Post by crnewhouse »

b00tler wrote:
crnewhouse wrote:
Following this, I will move onto Figher Bangkok with the Green protocol to get ready for a half marathon in February.
I am toying with running the 3M Half Marathon in February--it is a great race and a great time of year to race.

How many times/week will you end up running using Green? (I guess I could look that up , but I suspect you already know...)

Green recommends 3-5 LSS sessions a week. I'm going to use the Hal Higdon Novice Training Program as a guide for mileage. I'm going to modify the days of the week to fit into a Fighter Bangkok/Green model. Here is what I am thinking:

Sunday: LSS + Strength (Same session since I am off most Sundays)
Monday: LSS (AM)
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: LSS (AM) Strength (PM)
Thursday: SE
Friday: LSS
Saturday: Rest

Also, here is the link to the specific Hal Higdon plan I am modifying.
“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

b00tler

Post by b00tler »

Excellent - thank you! I have found in the past that running 4 x / week in combination with other training, with 1 long run day, is ideal for me in long-distance running. Enough to prepare but not so much that I get burned out or injured.

crnewhouse

Post by crnewhouse »

b00tler wrote:Excellent - thank you! I have found in the past that running 4 x / week in combination with other training, with 1 long run day, is ideal for me in long-distance running. Enough to prepare but not so much that I get burned out or injured.
Happy to help man! Best of luck with your endeavors!

crnewhouse

Post by crnewhouse »

Date: Saturday, September 26, 2016
Type: LSS
Distance: 3.33 miles
Duration: 40:02
Average Pace: 12:01
Average HRL 145

Type: SE
Duration: 18:10
Average HR: 147

Comments: Had to modify the SE circuit slightly based on availability. I did light weight Good Mornings @ 95# and Military Press @ 65# for my upper/lower body portions. Still doing Lat Pull-downs in lieu of Pull-Ups. Everything else was kept the same.

Little late posting this, my weekend became very busy following my workout so I'm glad I was able to finish week 2 strong. This is the third running LSS and third SE session for the week. Next week I will increase my repetitions to 20 for my SE. All in all, good week.