OHP 185 4x3
PU 5x5
100 KB swings

VenomousCoffee

Re: VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Tuesday 4/24
E day, 60 minute jog

I've started thinking about running 6 weeks of Operator and 3 weeks of Fighter Bangkok, alternating back and forth like that. But we'll see.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Tuesday 4/24
E day, 60 minute jog

I've started thinking about running 6 weeks of Operator and 3 weeks of Fighter Bangkok, alternating back and forth like that. But we'll see.
OP black and Fighter B green?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Barkadion wrote:
E day, 60 minute jog

Yes. Just something I was thinking about last night. Op Black is a great program, but I feel like I need a bit more E than it gives me (for example, my jog last night was a bit harder than it should have been). I also thought about doing Fighter B but making the week 2 days of MS, 2 days of HIC, 1 E jogging, and one E of SE (and maybe some rower time or something)--still on the 6 weeks / 3 weeks plan.

We'll see. Just a thought I've had.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
E day, 60 minute jog

Yes. Just something I was thinking about last night. Op Black is a great program, but I feel like I need a bit more E than it gives me (for example, my jog last night was a bit harder than it should have been). I also thought about doing Fighter B but making the week 2 days of MS, 2 days of HIC, 1 E jogging, and one E of SE (and maybe some rower time or something)--still on the 6 weeks / 3 weeks plan.

I've run both and I can testify that OP is perfect for black and FB is great for green. Actually, my plan is to run 5 blocks of OP black following by 5 blocks of FB green on the regular basis year around. It is a lot of fun.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Wednesday 4/24
Operator week 3
Squat 365 4x3
OHP 185 4x3
PU 5x5
50 KB swings

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Barkadion wrote:
VenomousCoffee wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

I've run both and I can testify that OP is perfect for black and FB is great for green. Actually, my plan is to run 5 blocks of OP black following by 5 blocks of FB green on the regular basis year around. It is a lot of fun.
Aren't you afraid you'll lose the benefits of Black after 30 weeks of Green? Assuming you mean 6 weeks per block. I was pretty surprised to see how my GC ability (burpees, etc) had decreased after 8 weeks of BB (for example).

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Aren't you afraid you'll lose the benefits of Black after 30 weeks of Green? Assuming you mean 6 weeks per block. I was pretty surprised to see how my GC ability (burpees, etc) had decreased after 8 weeks of BB (for example).
Actually, my "block" is about 3 9 days weeks. I follow OP I/A approach for all blocks. MS/Cond/Off - Repeat. So, 5 blocks is ~ 20 weeks. Also, you do lift 2 days a week with fighter B and my SE is tailored around accessories with 10-15 reps range. I didn't see any strength issues with the Fighter.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Here is a GREAT input from KB about possible FB variations:

http://tacticalbarbell.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=896