Workout Log

Adski

Re: Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote:
Adski wrote:15/10/20

Skate

About 40 mins

Note: rain kicked in and cut the session short. Was actually feeling a little mentally fatigued, so it wasn’t a bad thing, I think some of the baby feed times through the night might be catching up a bit. All good, I probably should have taken today off, I’ll keep that in mind for the next block. Rest day tomorrow before DL day.
Yeah.. I’m running my BB on 3-4 hrs of interrupted sleep.. No kidding.. ;)
True! I’m in a similar boat. I’ve actually been feeling pretty good, then today I just hit a little fatigue slump. So I was thinking I might adjust my training days next block if needed to avoid any negative impacts on training where possible.

How is base going?

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Adski wrote:15/10/20

Skate

About 40 mins

Note: rain kicked in and cut the session short. Was actually feeling a little mentally fatigued, so it wasn’t a bad thing, I think some of the baby feed times through the night might be catching up a bit. All good, I probably should have taken today off, I’ll keep that in mind for the next block. Rest day tomorrow before DL day.
True! I’m in a similar boat. I’ve actually been feeling pretty good, then today I just hit a little fatigue slump. So I was thinking I might adjust my training days next block if needed to avoid any negative impacts on training where possible.

How is base going?
BB great as usual. I feel really good about using KB complexes for SE part and mixing up running and indoor sessions for LSS..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote:
Adski wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

How is base going?
BB great as usual. I feel really good about using KB complexes for SE part and mixing up running and indoor sessions for LSS..
Ah that’s awesome. I still remember the first time doing bb and I just wanted to get on to continuation, now I really look forward to it as the benefits are fantastic. I really hear you on the sleep front too. Getting used to it though.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

16/10/20

Rest Day

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

17/10/20

DL
170kg 3x3

OHP
55kg 5x3

PM

Kneeling Rollouts
1x10

Ramp Rollouts
5th notch 2x5
4th notch 2x3

Kneeling Rollouts
1x15

Note: good session to end the MS part of the block, DL groove is pretty much back now. Will probably keep the same numbers for the next block, with the exception of the FSQ, I might force progress there, we’ll see. Slowly getting all the rhythm back after feeling a bit disjointed with what I can only describe as the flow of some past training blocks, will map things out during the back off week.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

18/10/20

Skate

About an hour and a half

Note: Fun little cruisy session to end the block. Back off week now, might start a day or two earlier so I can enjoy it before starting the working week, see how I’m feeling come say 5 off. Will keep up with recovery stuff and may get one light session in during the week, but with the new family addition, the extra time to rest might be handy to have. Pretty happy with the block overall and the direction training is going in general.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

19/10/20

Rest Day

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

20/10/20

Rest Day

Note: just maintaining mobility work and other recovery bits and pieces, just keeping moving, already keen to train, so I’m taking that as a sign of good recovery and better management of the past block.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

21/10/20

Rest Day

Note: playing around with some light hand eye coordination stuff and still just rolling with mobility work and romwod.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

22/10/20

Juggling variations
15 mins

Reflex Ball
3x3 min rds

Freestyle Jump Rope
3x3 min rounds

Speedbag
4x3 min rds

100 sledgehammer swings

Note: needed to move around a bit more, was feeling a little stiff. Felt good to loosen up a little.