Re: mikhou's training log

Post by mikhou »

HIC #5. Indoor Power Interval

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

mikhou wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
mikhou wrote:BP - 5x4 @ 70.5 kg (plank or shank for 1 minute after every working set)
SQ 0- 5x4 @ 94.9 kg
WCU - 5x4 @ 74.2 kg
KB swing - 100 reps @ 18 kg (35, 35, 30)
Hi Mikhou,

Is Plank/Shank time included into your RI time?

Thanks!
I'll usually take a 1.5 rest after the plank or shank. So that's a total of 2.5 minutes between working sets.
Makes sense! Thanks.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

SQ - 5x4 @ 94.9 kg
BP - 5x4 @ 70.5 kg
DL - 6x3 @ 93.7 kg
Farmer's walks - 2 rounds x 130 yards with 26.5 kg/hand - I have maxed out my adjustable dumbbells so I am adding length. I was doing 2 rounds x 100 yards in the past.

Today was one of those days when everything just felt right. I felt like I could have repped out SQ and BP forever. I love those days. The farmer's walks were a struggle with grip, but I'll keep working on it.
Last edited by mikhou on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

mikhou wrote:BP - 5x4 @ 70.5 kg (plank or shank for 1 minute after every working set)
SQ 0- 5x4 @ 94.9 kg
WCU - 5x4 @ 74.2 kg
P&S before SQ and swings! Tough!

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

J-Madd wrote:
SQ 0- 5x4 @ 94.9 kg
WCU - 5x4 @ 74.2 kg
P&S before SQ and swings! Tough!
Yeah, I'm rethinking that in the future to do it between working sets of WCU. Thanks.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest Day

Today - HIC #13. Meat Eater

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Today was a weird day. I just had not energy. I did my BP sets and then I did my SQ warm-up sets. Then I looked at the bar and just didn't want to do it. So I told myself to do it anyway. I put my back up against the bar and then just shut it down. I didn't even get to WCUs. I can't tell you what happened today except that I didn't have it. It might have something to do with the 200 KB swings yesterday on Meat Eater. Since I am doing KB swings 2 other times per week after MS sessions, I may go to running-only HICs. Weird day.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

mikhou wrote:Today was a weird day. I just had not energy. I did my BP sets and then I did my SQ warm-up sets. Then I looked at the bar and just didn't want to do it. So I told myself to do it anyway. I put my back up against the bar and then just shut it down. I didn't even get to WCUs. I can't tell you what happened today except that I didn't have it. It might have something to do with the 200 KB swings yesterday on Meat Eater. Since I am doing KB swings 2 other times per week after MS sessions, I may go to running-only HICs. Weird day.
Don't get discouraged, mate. Shitty days happen.. It is better sometimes to bite a bullet and take some extra rest time (imho)..
Take care!

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Barkadion wrote:
mikhou wrote:Today was a weird day. I just had not energy. I did my BP sets and then I did my SQ warm-up sets. Then I looked at the bar and just didn't want to do it. So I told myself to do it anyway. I put my back up against the bar and then just shut it down. I didn't even get to WCUs. I can't tell you what happened today except that I didn't have it. It might have something to do with the 200 KB swings yesterday on Meat Eater. Since I am doing KB swings 2 other times per week after MS sessions, I may go to running-only HICs. Weird day.
Don't get discouraged, mate. Shitty days happen.. It is better sometimes to bite a bullet and take some extra rest time (imho)..
Take care!
Hey, Bark. I typically do my workouts in the morning in my home gym. And I'm also a little hard-headed. So I got home this afternoon, and said, "I believe that I'll finish that workout." So I did my SQ and WCU work, and I did some ab fallouts between the WCU working sets. I'm glad that I did it. So anyway, here's what today ended up looking like:

BP - 5x4 @ 70.5kg (morning)
SQ - 5x4 @ 94.9 kg (afternoon)
WCU - 5x4 @ 74.2 kg (afternoon) - I did 4 sets of ab fallouts between the 5 working sets of WCUs.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

mikhou wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Take care!
Hey, Bark. I typically do my workouts in the morning in my home gym. And I'm also a little hard-headed. So I got home this afternoon, and said, "I believe that I'll finish that workout." So I did my SQ and WCU work, and I did some ab fallouts between the WCU working sets. I'm glad that I did it. So anyway, here's what today ended up looking like:

BP - 5x4 @ 70.5kg (morning)
SQ - 5x4 @ 94.9 kg (afternoon)
WCU - 5x4 @ 74.2 kg (afternoon) - I did 4 sets of ab fallouts between the 5 working sets of WCUs.
Awesome! If it needs to be done ;)