Ectional's training log

ectional

Re: Tacticool Ectional

Post by ectional »

Saturday's live fire exercises were fun in the way of it was a true grunt's experience. Did all our drills and exercises in the swamp and weather was really helping with heavy rain and thunderstorm. My voice was gone after being a squad leader all day and having to yell orders over all of that noise + machine gun.
Sunday was off - regained my voice again.
Just spent the morning in the gym. Redoing last week - today felt fine.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Just thought of creating some arbitrary strength goals. 2/3/4 plate bench/squat/dead would be a fun start I figure. All that while maintaining or advancing cardio and conditioning and not just getting fat in pursuit of more calories.
Yesterday did a quick specialty specific self defense class, SE circuit training today.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Cycle1 W3 begins.
Bench - 80kg for 4x3
Squat - 96kg for 4x3
BB row- 70kg for 4x3
AMRAP chin ups
One handed KB swings 30 each hand with 32kg
Ab-wheel roll outs

ectional

Post by ectional »

Volunteered to take part in a rowing machine competition which is Oct 26 so did some rowing today, around 30 minutes or so. Competitive target is said to be around 3 minutes 13 seconds for one kilometer. After that some self defense classes.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Going to try and start posting workouts from next week but the rowing event was today at which I managed to take 1st place with the time on 3.06.5. Two seconds faster than the first place. Which is telling me that TB really is that magical tool for overall athleticism and the key to moving well.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Going to start incorporating a kettlebell / bodyweight workout from tomorrow which I'll start doing on Sundays.
Going to keep it basic with kb swings, kb snatches, push-ups, kb cleans. Mainly because I want another workout sessions which improves my push-ups and I've grown quite fond of kettlebells since starting TB and feel like I could give them a whole workout, instead of stacking them onto a fighter cluster.

Operation get in shape by spring is officially a go! Probably going to run base build somewhere in December (most likely winter break) again as well.

ectional

Post by ectional »

So I wrote in Barkadion's training log that I'd do that nine minute kettlebell workout tonight but I decided to push that to the end of the week because it looks like something that would really deplete me. Instead I did indoor power intervals on the rowing machine for HIC.
1st 2min - 635 meters. I realized that was a bit too fast for me to make to the end so I slowed down a bit for the last four.
2nd - 590m
3rd - 550m
4th - 590m
5th - 572m

I'll be doing another HIC tomorrow (might try Beat Your Face) instead of E since I have a day full of basketball on Wednesday so I'm going to count that as E. Strength on Thursday and kettlebell SE on Friday.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Back from not posting for a while. Cycle 1 is done and tested maxes for the next cycle.
Bench - 87kg/191lbs before about 77kg
Squat - 155kg/341lbs before about 130kg
Deadlfit - 165kg/363lbs before about 150kg
OHP- 62.5kg/137lbs

That puts my powerlifting total at 895lbs, just 105lbs from the 1000lbs club. Never been that close.
Next operator cycle will have OHP instead of bench and will be finishing workouts with pushups according to the percentages.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ectional wrote:Back from not posting for a while. Cycle 1 is done and tested maxes for the next cycle.
Bench - 87kg/191lbs before about 77kg
Squat - 155kg/341lbs before about 130kg
Deadlfit - 165kg/363lbs before about 150kg
OHP- 62.5kg/137lbs

That puts my powerlifting total at 895lbs, just 105lbs from the 1000lbs club. Never been that close.
Next operator cycle will have OHP instead of bench and will be finishing workouts with pushups according to the percentages.
Good numbers, mate! Good luck with OHP!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

ectional

Post by ectional »

Much appreciated! Also forgot to mention that instead of doing chin-ups for amrap x 3sets, I'm going to set a rep goal which I'll try to reach in as few sets as possible. I'm going to start off with 10. Goal is to reach 10 chin-ups without a break.