KS-90

Re: KS-90's Log

Post by KS-90 »

3 October 2016 - Monday

Operator Template (Week 3 - 90%)

Bench Press: 185 for 3 sets of 3
Weighted Pull Ups: +40 for 3 sets of 3
Deadlift: 300 for 3 sets of 3

Bench felt a little heavy on the first two sets. Not bad but didn't fly up like 165 did on my last block at 90%. See how the rest of the week goes.

Deadlifts felt really good. Got all 3 sets with overhand grip which I didn't get during my last block with less weight (had to go mixed grip for some sets).

Long Run

Roughly 3 miles easy pace

Was pretty busy on the weekend so bumped this to today.

Core Circuit (65s)

Plank
V-Sit
Cobra
T-Stabilization
Eagle
Side Plank

No rest between exercises; run through twice.

This might be my last update for about 3 weeks. Maybe one tomorrow if I have time after intervals before hitting the road. Not sure if I'll have cell reception.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Nice lifts! Just curious, do you purposely avoid mixed grip for a specific reason?

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

No just want to build grip strength so trying to get as much of the block done as possible with double overhand.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

KS-90 wrote:No just want to build grip strength so trying to get as much of the block done as possible with double overhand.
Gotcha. That makes sense. Not a bad idea.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

4 October 2016 - Tuesday

Warm up: Limber Eleven

Intervals ( 400m )

Interval one: 1 minute 18 seconds
Interval two: 1 minute 18 seconds
Interval three: 1 minute 19 seconds
Interval four: 1 minute 19 seconds
Interval five: 1 minute 20 seconds
Interval six: 1 minute 20 seconds

Cooled down with hip mobility and foam rolling

Depending on Cell reception I wont be updating this log again for about 3 weeks.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

Got back yesterday. Made every strength workout except for this Monday and Wednesday as the gym equipment was packed away. Bodyweight is relatively unchanged maybe up a pound or two. Made every run session as well except for Saturday, Tuesdays and Thursdays of this past week. De-load on the running was probably for the best anyway. Progressed the long run to 4 miles and hit a 6x400m workout all under 1:18 while I was out there as well; It was rough terrain but I got the last 2 sets in 1:13. So really happy with that. I want to progress them all to 1:15 and build to 8x400m.

Body feels a little tired right now from not getting consistent sleep the last 25 or so days and shitty nutrition. Going to go for a slow run and stretch tomorrow then hit the week 6 workouts next Monday Wednesday and Friday so including todays workout it will be 4 workouts at 95% with a couple days rest instead of 3. Should buff out. From there I'll probably retest - Going to play it by ear.

28 October 2016 - Friday

Operator Template (week 6 - 95%)

Bench: 195 for 3 sets of 2
Weighted Chin ups: +52.5 for 1, 2, 2
Deadlift: 320 for 1, 1, 2

Limber Eleven. Was in a rush but realized during the Deadlifts that my back was feeling pretty tight from the drive so did the Limber Eleven and it sorted it out. Tried doing this workout yesterday after getting in, but the warm up was going pretty poorly so hit it today. Happy I waited felt much better today then yesterday.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

KS-90 wrote:Got back yesterday. Made every strength workout except for this Monday and Wednesday as the gym equipment was packed away. Bodyweight is relatively unchanged maybe up a pound or two. Made every run session as well except for Saturday, Tuesdays and Thursdays of this past week. De-load on the running was probably for the best anyway. Progressed the long run to 4 miles and hit a 6x400m workout all under 1:18 while I was out there as well; It was rough terrain but I got the last 2 sets in 1:13. So really happy with that. I want to progress them all to 1:15 and build to 8x400m.

Body feels a little tired right now from not getting consistent sleep the last 25 or so days and shitty nutrition. Going to go for a slow run and stretch tomorrow then hit the week 6 workouts next Monday Wednesday and Friday so including todays workout it will be 4 workouts at 95% with a couple days rest instead of 3. Should buff out. From there I'll probably retest - Going to play it by ear.

28 October 2016 - Friday

Operator Template (week 6 - 95%)

Bench: 195 for 3 sets of 2
Weighted Chin ups: +52.5 for 1, 2, 2
Deadlift: 320 for 1, 1, 2

Limber Eleven. Was in a rush but realized during the Deadlifts that my back was feeling pretty tight from the drive so did the Limber Eleven and it sorted it out. Tried doing this workout yesterday after getting in, but the warm up was going pretty poorly so hit it today. Happy I waited felt much better today then yesterday.
Glad to see you back, I've missed the log. Great job staying consistent on your workouts.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

31 October 2016 - Monday

Operator Template (Week 6 - 95%)

Bench Press: 195 for 3 sets of 2
Weighted Pull ups: +52.5 for 3 sets of 2
Deadlift: 320 for 3 sets of 2

Felt pretty shitty at the start of this workout, but all the weights felt really good once I got going. Brought my Hands in a little on my last set of Bench and the weight flew through the sticking point a lot better.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

2 November 2016 - Wednesday

Operator Template (Week 6 - 95%)

Bench Press: 195 for 3 sets of 2
Weighted Pull ups: +52.5 for 3 sets of 2
Deadlift: 320 for 3 sets of 1

Lower Back has quite a bit of DOMS today. Took a second or two to break the floor on the Deadlifts.

Intervals

6x400m.... -ish

Thought I marked off 400m properly on a trail near my house, but I must have messed it up somewhat. The Running app seemed to be all over the place too. I'll be on the track next week probably, but I want to find a good way of marking off 400m exactly on a relatively flat trail and get away from running in circles. Green2Blue mentioned how his track has 100m intervals marked off. The one nearest me doesn't, but I want to mark off a straight line 400m with 100m intervals marked off. I never really thought of it until he mentioned it, but it seems like it would be a much easier way to stay on pace and hit the goal of 8x400 @ 1:15.. 19,19,19,18 100m splits doesn't seem to far off as I think I am either usually running the first part of the 400 way to fast or realizing I am a little behind and picking it up for the last 100 or so which seems to take away from subsequent intervals.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

7 November 2016 - Monday

Wrapped up the first block of "Operator" Template using Bench, Deadlifts, and Weighted Overhand Pull ups as a cluster. Was not going to test for a few more days been feeling like shit, but decided to say fuck it and just see what happens.

Not super happy with the progress as I was hoping to hit 225 on the Bench and 365 on the Deadlift, but work got in the way and being out in the bush for almost a month doesn't do wonders for strength training. It is kind of double-edged as I am happy with the "Operator" template as a whole. Progress was made in spite of shitty recovery (down about 4 pounds) which is nice as I know with other programs I more then likely would have went backwards.

End of Block Retest

Bench: 205 > 215 when I warmed up I hit 205 on the warm up and it flew up. 215 went up decent as well I tried 225 and got stuck 4 inches or so off the chest spotter barely touched under the bar with both his index fingers and I got it. Pretty disappointed as 225 was a goal for this block, but next block I am confident I'll get it.

Deadlift: 335 > 345 wish I went with 350 as I know I would have gotten that. Attempted 355 rushed the set up a bit and broke the ground to about 4 or 5 inches and then stalled out. Next block I think I'll go from 315 straight to 350 or 355 for the test.

Weighted Overhand Pull up: +65 > +80 really happy with this one.