Grouchyjarhead Training

grouchyjarhead

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190819:
Max strength work. Some running this afternoon.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Work training these past few days so training is a bit lackluster due to the different schedule.

2 mile run yesterday in 19:41.

Today, rucked 1 mile with 45# carrying a 45# sandbag in just under 20 minutes and then the NSWG core circuit.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Quite short on time again today in the morning. Front squats, RDLs, and then a chin up/ dip circuit, 3 sets each, I was done in 20 minutes. Hoping to get some rucking miles in later.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Saturday was a long ruck march day. Less than optimal conditions due to poor sleep and a cough, but I still managed to get 10 miles in with a 40# dry ruck in about 2:58. It was hot out.

Near the turn around point I also got some react to IDF practice when a nearby transformer exploded and caught the light pole on fire temporarily. Some other pedestrians and I called 911 and fortunately it seems it was only a minor ordeal in the grand scheme of things.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Monday - Max Strength. Presses felt very strong. I have been struggling with the back squat lately simply because holding the barbell on my back with my left side is literally the only thing I do anymore that aggravates my tendinitis. Due to Bark's influence I decided to give it a whirl today. First time I’ve ever tried these and they are a bit challenging but no pain whatsoever. I think these will be in the rotation for a while. Chin ups felt strong until the last set and then I just had nothing left, only managed 3 reps. Still following a linear progression so no surprise there.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Monday - Max Strength. Presses felt very strong. I have been struggling with the back squat lately simply because holding the barbell on my back with my left side is literally the only thing I do anymore that aggravates my tendinitis. Due to Bark's influence I decided to give it a whirl today. First time I’ve ever tried these and they are a bit challenging but no pain whatsoever. I think these will be in the rotation for a while. Chin ups felt strong until the last set and then I just had nothing left, only managed 3 reps. Still following a linear progression so no surprise there.
Cheers, mate!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Tuesday - 2 mile run in 17:24 in the morning. In the afternoon, I rucked 3 miles and then the wife and I did a partner out. One sprints 50m, the other does a static overhead hold of the ruck, switch, and then alternate a 100m sprint with a static overhead hold. Did that 3 times, the last round we carried a coupon for the sprints. Nice easy workout.

Wednesday - 400m ruck with sandbag to warm-up, then the following (completed in 5 sets of each in 21:40): ruck swing x150, sit-ups x150 (no ruck), lunges with ruck on back x100, and ruck overhead presses x100. Finished with another 400m ruck with sandbag. NSWG core circuit this evening.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Friday - Met up with two friends and we did a grueling 10 miles on the Rachel Carson Trail in SWPA. The hills are brutal, you are bear crawling up them half the time. I wore my usual ruck weight and it was destroying me. 3:53 total time, over 1500 elevation gain.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Friday - Tough event in Shanksville PA honoring the men and women who lost their lives on Flight 93 on September 11, 2001. Over 17 miles with some PT sprinkled in but heavy miles and some good elevation throughout (1500 gain throughout the night). We also learned about every man and woman on the flight and got to see the memorial park. I spent a lot of my time either rotating in with the 120# sandbags or one of the jerry cans (which are the worst thing to carry ever). Pretty pleased overall with my performance, even thought this was definitely the most tired I have ever been at one of these (did not sleep well at all) and the PT felt a bit harder because of it.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Tuesday - on a beach vacation with the family but no rest for the wicked. Did the Gorilla Complex with a 30# ruck (20-16-12-8-4 reps of biceps curls, high pulls, overhead presses, triceps extensions, and push ups with ruck on back) then walked over 3 miles on the boardwalk with the same ruck.