VenomousCoffee's Training Log

VenomousCoffee

Re: VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Monday 5/11
Grey Man Week 3
Barkadion wrote:Hey mate, are you running GM with regular TB conditioning?
Sort of. I've done mostly the 'for babies' versions of the black sessions, and rucking instead of jogging. I think I'm going to go to regular Operator after this week anyway.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Monday 5/11
Grey Man Week 3
Barkadion wrote:Hey mate, are you running GM with regular TB conditioning?
Sort of. I've done mostly the 'for babies' versions of the black sessions, and rucking instead of jogging. I think I'm going to go to regular Operator after this week anyway.
Still impressive..

Didn’t like GM?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Grey Man gave me what I needed at that moment, a change of pace or a recharge on the mental battery. The monotony of teaching from home plus the monotony of running the same TB stuff just got to me at a certain point. Grey Man seems like a good way to do a slow bulk--but the last thing I need, realistically, is a bulk. Feel like I'm ready to get back on the normal program, except with Operator instead of Fighter like I had been running.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Grey Man gave me what I needed at that moment, a change of pace or a recharge on the mental battery. The monotony of teaching from home plus the monotony of running the same TB stuff just got to me at a certain point. Grey Man seems like a good way to do a slow bulk--but the last thing I need, realistically, is a bulk. Feel like I'm ready to get back on the normal program, except with Operator instead of Fighter like I had been running.
I see.. I’ve been thinking about trying Mass Fighter schema with classic TB set/rep %%, but not sure it is a good idea, though..

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Tuesday 5/12
Meat Eater 2 x5
Barkadion wrote:
I see.. I’ve been thinking about trying Mass Fighter schema with classic TB set/rep %%, but not sure it is a good idea, though..
What would you be after with that? It reminds me of that minimalist BP/SQ Operator KB describes … somewhere, but with only 2 days a week plus that DL day.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Tuesday 5/12
Meat Eater 2 x5
Barkadion wrote:
What would you be after with that? It reminds me of that minimalist BP/SQ Operator KB describes … somewhere, but with only 2 days a week plus that DL day.
Sounds about right.. minimalistic for sure.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Wednesday 5/13
Grey Man Week 3

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Thursday 5/14
1:30 ruck

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Been thinking about giving Grey Man a run myself. I had to layoff the weights for awhile due to an injury. Running an LP for a few weeks now to get a good sorta max and then I'll give GM a run.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Friday 5/15
Grey Man Week 3
mikhou wrote:Been thinking about giving Grey Man a run myself. I had to layoff the weights for awhile due to an injury. Running an LP for a few weeks now to get a good sorta max and then I'll give GM a run.
It's a bit strange because week 3 is an absolute vacation compared to the other two. At least that's how I found it.