VenomousCoffee's Training Log

mikhou

Re: VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Post by mikhou »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Friday 5/15
Grey Man Week 3
mikhou wrote:Been thinking about giving Grey Man a run myself. I had to layoff the weights for awhile due to an injury. Running an LP for a few weeks now to get a good sorta max and then I'll give GM a run.
It's a bit strange because week 3 is an absolute vacation compared to the other two. At least that's how I found it.
Have you run Mass? If so, how did it compare to GM? I ask because I've actually done better on Zulu than Op. 2x per week seems to work better for me.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Saturday 5/16
Off

Sunday 5/17
1:00 jog

Monday 5/18
Start of regular old Operator Black
Squat 295 5x5
OHP 155 5x5
PU 5x5
Grip finisher
mikhou wrote:
Have you run Mass? If so, how did it compare to GM? I ask because I've actually done better on Zulu than Op. 2x per week seems to work better for me.
Nope. Those three weeks of GM were the first thing I've done from the Mass book. I will say that the biggest and strongest I've ever been, I was lifting 4 days a week on an Upper/Lower split. So of the stuff in the book it's probably closest to Mass. But I was doing stuff like, Saturdays were back squat day and I'd do a 1.5-2 hour workout of back squats. And then on Sunday I'd do seated overhead press and pull-ups and some arm stuff. And I was doing zero conditioning work and a completely sedentary job, so getting up Sunday morning and barely being able to move your legs wasn't that big a deal. Not a program I'd recommend to people who post on here.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

VenomousCoffee wrote:
mikhou wrote:
Nope. Those three weeks of GM were the first thing I've done from the Mass book. I will say that the biggest and strongest I've ever been, I was lifting 4 days a week on an Upper/Lower split. So of the stuff in the book it's probably closest to Mass. But I was doing stuff like, Saturdays were back squat day and I'd do a 1.5-2 hour workout of back squats. And then on Sunday I'd do seated overhead press and pull-ups and some arm stuff. And I was doing zero conditioning work and a completely sedentary job, so getting up Sunday morning and barely being able to move your legs wasn't that big a deal. Not a program I'd recommend to people who post on here.
Thanks for the response. The strongest I've ever been is running Zulu (even moreso than Op), hence the reason that I'm looking at GM as opposed to MT.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Tuesday 5/19
Meat Eater 2 x10

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Wednesday 5/20
Operator, same as Monday

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

So I guess having more free time makes me less likely to keep up to date on here...

Thursday 5/21
Off--back was bothering me all week (and still kind of is)

Friday 5/22
Operator, Week 1
Same as Monday

Saturday 5/23
Off

Sunday 5/24
1:00 jog

Monday 5/25
Operator, Week 2
Squat 335 5x5
OHP 175 5x5
PU 5x5