Grouchyjarhead Training

grouchyjarhead

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20191027:
Operator 1-2. Press, squat, weighted pull-ups. Finisher: push-up/20kg swing pyramid (50 and 90).

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:20191027:
Operator 1-2. Press, squat, weighted pull-ups. Finisher: push-up/20kg swing pyramid (50 and 90).
May I ask you how do you structure your pyramid?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Absolutely. 2-20-2 push-ups alternated with 10 swings, go as high as you can before you think you can't complete the next set and then go back down (which right now is 2-10-2 because of that). Minimal rest between exercises. If you can get the whole thing, it's 200 push-ups and 190 swings.

Doing one Friday in a similar fashion with pull-ups and burpees, 1-10-1 and 2-20-2, again go until I don't think I can complete the next set and then go back down. That one will be 100 and 200 respectively once you can get the whole thing.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Absolutely. 2-20-2 push-ups alternated with 10 swings, go as high as you can before you think you can't complete the next set and then go back down (which right now is 2-10-2 because of that). Minimal rest between exercises. If you can get the whole thing, it's 200 push-ups and 190 swings.

Doing one Friday in a similar fashion with pull-ups and burpees, 1-10-1 and 2-20-2, again go until I don't think I can complete the next set and then go back down. That one will be 100 and 200 respectively.
Thank you! Both pushups/swings and pullups/burpees look great! I will try it with my next block. Maybe as standalone HICs..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I see them as a nice finisher, especially since I'm focusing mostly on MS this go around and am not going to be doing any real SE.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20191128:
Morning run to earn that turkey and pie. Hard run, hill sprints, recovery run, hill sprints, recovery run.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Flare up of some metatarsaglia, basically pain in the ball of my right foot from running too many miles on shoes I should have replaced a while ago. Been taking it easy since Friday because of that.

FortyPlusRunner

Post by FortyPlusRunner »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Flare up of some metatarsaglia, basically pain in the ball of my right foot from running too many miles on shoes I should have replaced a while ago. Been taking it easy since Friday because of that.
I hear you, man. I got the same thing right now from switching surfaces too quickly while increasing mileage; gravel makes demands that asphalt doesn't. I'm considering some cheap inserts with metatarsal support until it heals...

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

That’s probably a good idea, it’s still bugging me. Feeling awfully lazy lately.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Training a bit lackluster due to my foot issues. Did some pull/push/squat pyramids last week a few times.

Today I dusted off the kettlebells and decided to fling one around. "Fitter, Happier, More Productive" complex courtesy of Pat Flynn. Did 3 rounds total. Do all reps continuously (e.g. all 2s first, then 4s) without putting the kettlebell down.

2H Swing x2, 4, 6, 8, 10.
1H Swing (left + right) x2, 4, 6, 8, 10.
Thruster (left + right) x2, 4, 6, 8, 10.
Snatch (left + right) x2, 4, 6, 8, 10.

Rested 3 minutes between rounds, used a 12kg. Had to put the KB down halfway through the swings x10 of Round 2, and then after the one handed swings x8 of Round 3.