Grouchyjarhead Training

grouchyjarhead

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Wednesday - 1 mile ruck in the morning (dead tired), 1 mile ruck in the evening with the family.

Thursday - In the morning, I did a sandbag SE circuit. After the family went to bed, I hit a 4 mile ruck and some ruck PT after (mostly just a lot of push ups and squats).

Friday - Off.

Saturday - After the family went to bed, I hit a 4 mile ruck and some ruck PT after (thrusters, swings, and butterfly sit ups).

Sunday - Sandbag SE circuit.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Monday - Got home late and was beat, so I went right to sleep basically. Woke up in the afternoon and knocked out a 1 mile speed ruck in 11:54 (best time yet on my neighborhood hills) then a 1 mile ruck with the family later on.

Tuesday - Knocked out 2 ruck miles in the morning. In the afternoon, I did a sandbag workout that kicked my ass. Warm-up was 3 rounds of sandbag step taps, bodyweight lunges, sandbag push ups to lateral drags, and glute bridges. Then 6 rounds of single unders, sandbag bear hug squats, sandbag clean and presses, sandbag front hold alternating lunges, and burpees. This SUCKED. Total was 180 single unders, 48 bear hug squats, 48 clean and presses, 48 front hold alternating lunges, and 48 burpees with a 40# sandbag. Took over half an hour to complete. Then knocked out a 1 mile ruck with the family in the evening.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

This week's recap -
15 miles rucked, three pull-up sessions, one sandbag session.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I'm still alive and kicking. Took on a challenge to ruck 100 miles in a month, by tonight I should have 70+. I also decided to look at Base Building through Tactical Barbell again starting next month with a major focus on calisthenics for two months and then reassess. I've been doing a lot more bodyweight stuff and a healthy dose of burpees. This guy right here is goals.

https://youtu.be/6QqoSyqckqA

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I rucked 15 miles overnight last night, took forever and in the pouring rain the whole time. It sucked.

Post by Likes »

Iron Wolf has been popping up as a youtube suggestion for me, but I hadn't watched him until now.

Those navy seals look like they suck

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

grouchyjarhead wrote:I'm still alive and kicking. Took on a challenge to ruck 100 miles in a month, by tonight I should have 70+. I also decided to look at Base Building through Tactical Barbell again starting next month with a major focus on calisthenics for two months and then reassess. I've been doing a lot more bodyweight stuff and a healthy dose of burpees. This guy right here is goals.

https://youtu.be/6QqoSyqckqA
Damn .........

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Likes wrote:Iron Wolf has been popping up as a youtube suggestion for me, but I hadn't watched him until now.

Those navy seals look like they suck
I did 50 the other day and it was not super fun.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Saturday - Pull up/burpee pyramid for a total of 30 pull ups and 60 burpees, then overnight I rucked 8 miles.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I have been really bad about updating my workouts here, I apologize.

Last month’s stats -
98 miles rucked
11 different workouts (mostly sandbag, some calisthenics)
A mere 4 miles run

Base Building starts Monday. Mostly calisthenics and running, one day a week of rucking.