Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Green2Blue

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Green2Blue »

Great job on the pull-ups.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Green2Blue wrote:Great job on the pull-ups.
Thanks it has been a life long goal and I don't really know where to go from here in terms of bodyweight pullups haha.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Bjj Gracie combatives 10 am

Leg lace takedown
Trap and roll
Guard pass

5-10 min rolling

First time back on the mats in a long time. I went to a self defence style gym to check it out and because I love the 10 am session timing. I am not sure how I feel about the training and have posted in another thread. Overall if it was my first time training I would have loved it. It really is a good way to ease people into bjj and stop the usual first week quitters, but having trained in the past I struggle having a non black belt running the class.

I am a no stripe white belt but have trained on and off for years, but most clubs in my area have high level black belts on the mat daily. They were happy to let me roll after class because of my previous experience and that was great. I was being tapped which is a good sign and the guys were very basic and technical. Maybe it will do some good to go back and relearn all the basic stuff I have picked up bad habits in over the years. Time will tell.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:Great job on the pull-ups.
Thanks it has been a life long goal and I don't really know where to go from here in terms of bodyweight pullups haha.
25. Then 30.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Week 2 Op I/A

Back squat 105kg 3x5

Weighted Pullups 25kg x5
Benchpress 80kg x5
3 rounds

1 legged deadlift 10 kg ,eccentric 20 sec/5 isometric at bottom
x6 rounds each side

Today went really well and the suats felt great. I did my first squat workout and the shoes really helped the back pain. I need to regroove my squat as I seem to fall forward a bit, but overall the technique was pretty good. I can't believe I waited this long to buy squat shoes.

The pullups felt pretty good, but the pullups are starting to feel heavy now. I do enjoy grinding the reps out though:)

The benchpress is right on track. I am under 80 kg right now and being able to hit 80 for multiple sets of 5 puts me above where I need to be.

I finished off with the physio work for some tendon issues and called it a day. Overall a great start to the week for my second week of OP I/A, especially since I got an hour surf in yesterday and was a little fatigued.

I am also looking at getting back into BJJ and working out how to fit that in regularly.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

I Went out and put 100 22. Rounds down range for some fun today. My rifle is basically kitted up like a sniper rifle and a lot of fun to shoot. Was a great day to get out for it.

The main thing I wanted to mention is nil back pain at all so far. The squat shoes made a world's difference. I feel amazing today. The squat weight put me out for 4 days last week,but today I am raring to go. They are definitely worth the investment.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Bjj Gi session
I was back on the mats properly for the first time in over a year and loved every second.
It was 40 degrees (104 farenheit) so a great introduction to getting back into things.

We worked on open guard passes and a couple options if they defend. Then a good half hour of rolling.

I am absolutely loving OP I/A and the freedom it gives me to sub in stuff like this. Ill be counting this as my HIC.
Gone are the days of getting a MS or HIC session in regardless of how my body feels.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Morning fitness test
Including an 84cm vertical leap and 10.7 in the beep test

Midday
Operator I/A 80% Session 2

Back Squat 3x5 105kg
Benchpress 3x5 80kg

The fitness testing went well and the vertical leap was a good surprise.

I skipped the pullups due to doing the MS session at work and not having adequate weight.
Overall good results, but I am having some pain in my left knee which hopefully goes away.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Operator I/A 80%

Back Squat 105kg 3x5
Benchpress 80 kg 3x5
Weighted Pullups 25kg 3x5

A good bare bones session for today as I am working night shift. I plan on having a sleep in a couple hours in prep for that.
These weights felt pretty damn easy in particular the benchpress, but I am looking forward to the 85% x 3 rep sets next week and the 95% x2-3 rep sets, to finish off this Op I/A training cycle. I may not be progressing as fast as usual, but I am getting the work done and taking time to recover when I need it.

I love using I/A as a shiftworker and not sticking to a weekly schedule. When I feel good I can add in some more intense conditioning and plug away with the bare minimums and still progress with max strength. It will also allow me to get some bjj in occasionally which I am looking forward to again.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Bjj Mid day session

Working on blocking the knee shield and passing with the knee slice.
Good hard session and I will have a few bruises from that knee slice pass.
I was doing the drills with a bigger partner and really got to experience some decent pressure for the passes.
Finished off with some good rolling and I was able to hit the passes we were drilling a few times.

I think I will use bjj as my main form of conditioning and continue with the OP I/A for strength. I will use a longer based interval session to maintain and improve my running. I will do an 800m plus interval session to get the most bang for my buck and improve my run time to the required level.