Workout Log

Adski

Re: Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:16 am
Adski wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:50 pm 23/2/22

Rest Day

Note: so my back became really tight and sore, it’s been getting better each day with rest, though I did do a fitness test at work yesterday with no issue, I just took it easy on the run. Hips are feeling a little tight still, the pain is pretty much gone though. I’m pretty certain it came on initially from back squats where I put my hips in the wrong position, I did notice a bit of a niggle in one or two sessions. That and the rollouts tightening my lower abs seems to tighten the lower back as well. I’ll probably transition to OP/IA and bring FSQ back and Dips along with WPU in the next few days if everything is feeling good (plus with family and work life it might make more sense). Would like to do back squats again at some point, I’ll be more conservative with the TM and really check my positioning. Never had this sort of a problem before. It’s all good though. Also currently have Covid going on at home, somehow have managed to dodge it…
Sorry to hear about your lower back issues. Personally, I have to pay triple attention to all my movements that include any back involvements. I just can’t get my body mechanics right if I don’t watch it constantly. Foam roller itself and body twists do help a lot. And lacrosse ball usually fixes all issues. It does take time to heal and it comes back now and then. Well, you know.. Good luck mate!
I hear you. I’ve only had two other instances of back issues, once back in 2016 and the other time back around 2005-6 ish. I’m on all the mobility and corrective work at the moment. I should be good to train in the coming days, I’m pretty certain the issue was an accumulation of a few things now I’ve had time to think about it. You’re right to be on top of how you move constantly, in my case it’s been a bit of under recovery and trying to do too much in training and life wise, I’ll correct all that though.
I hope you’re doing well on your own comeback trail!

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

24/2/22

Note: definitely feeling way better, I’ll comeback to training on Saturday as long as nothing else changes. It’ll either be OP/IA or Fighter with a FSQ, Dip, WPU and TBDL cluster, my quest for rollouts and weighted GHRs will need to go on the back burner slightly, in that it will require a much more conservative approach. The good thing is I can look to bring in other exercises that won’t set my back off.
Looking back I was doing too much and I know had the isssue with the back squat but my ql and erectors in general were a bit bound up for a while, even recovery from swings on apex was a bit of an issue dating back to late last year if I’m being honest. With work and family it would seem I just need to do things a bit smarter and plan more recovery days, so if I run fighter it could look like

Day 1 boxing work
Day 2 MS
Day 3 hill sprint or Airbike HIC
Day 4 rest
Day 5 boxing work
Day 6 MS
Day 7 rest

Skating would slot in on a Boxing Day if needed or as one addition, but it would be a lighter session.

Or with IA it could look like this

Day 1 boxing work
Day 2 MS 75
Day 3 hill sprint or Airbike HIC
Day 4 rest
Day 5 boxing work
Day 6 MS 75
Day 7 rest
Day 8 Boxing work
Day 9 MS TBDL 75
Day 10 rest

With IA obviously things are more open to change which may be needed with my life schedule, plus I’m happy
To push 3 days break between MS sessions if I need to account for a skate day. And then of course lastly, there’s the option of running fighter but running the cluster a little more open, like ross’s six day template from II. I’d tighten it up a bit though, and would have dips on one MS day, OA bench on the other for example. If I run fighter however I could throw things like the OA bench and GHR in as an accessory. The IA setup could probably get away with that as well noting the rest days between sessions.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

25/2/22

Rest Day

Note: have been run down the last couple of days, probably due to the cold/Covid situation at home, seems to have eased off today. If all goes well I’ll start a new block tomorrow, or possibly wait until after the weekend if I’m not feeling recovered.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

26/2/22

Rest Day

Note: Tested positive for the spicy cough yesterday ….. not feeling too bad though. Probably explains a few things from during the week. Was negative on Tuesday though. Only really have a mild cold leftover really. May wait until Monday to start a new block.
Last edited by Adski on Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:28 pm Tested positive for the spicy cough….. not feeling too bad though.
COVID??
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:30 pm
Adski wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:28 pm Tested positive for the spicy cough….. not feeling too bad though.
COVID??
Yea, Covid, unfortunately.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:32 pm
COVID??
:( Wish you the best! I didn’t have major symptoms but it killed my strength and conditioning brutality. Steel feeling below my normal levels…
Hope it will be easy for you.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:35 pm
Adski wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:32 pm

COVID??
:( Wish you the best! I didn’t have major symptoms but it killed my strength and conditioning brutality. Steel feeling below my normal levels…
Hope it will be easy for you.
True!

Honestly I’m not feeling too bad, had a bit of a cold, fatigue, slight sore throat and a few stomach cramps, but it’s all pretty much gone. I think I may be a bit lucky, but I will ease back in to training gently just to be sure.
I hope you’re recovery is getting there!

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

27/2/22

Rest Day

Note: so I’m not feeling too bad at all, a little tired but I’ll put that down to chasing the little one around while being in isolation. I’ll start a new block tomorrow. OP/ IA will be the way forward, main cluster will be FSQ/Dips/WPU/TBDL, however at times I will alternate or add in unilateral work. I will use a few different core exercises, just to keep things well rounded. Might have to revisit Ross’s core dvd this evening to brush over.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

28/2/22

FSQ
70kg 3x5

Dips
25kg 3x5

WPU
10kg 3x5

Lying Ring Rows
3x10

Note: easing in to the new block, ran with MS first as I just wanted to make sure I wouldn’t get “gassed out” by attempting an HIC. Pulled up pretty good, the body actually feels pretty refreshed, still a little tired mentally, but I’ll put that down to being in isolation with a little bit of left over symptoms. I may try some light work on the bag tomorrow, and see how things go there.