Barkadion TB Logs

Barkadion

Re: Barkadion TB Logs

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Some nice lifting there, Bark!
Thank you!!

The OWT continuum #1 is complete! I am very happy with the results and with BP specifically.

- I was able to fix my shoulder issues and to bring BP to the reasonable base for the further progression.
- The other lifts are be safe for the forced progression. All reps are in the "happy" zone with few more reps in tank.
- Also, I was able to move toward medium/advance level with HICs. It costs me some swearing and sweating :lol:

Overall, it has been great run. A lot of fun!! I am planning to keep the same programing for a couple few runs.

Current plan is to start BB after 1.5 weeks off. If my life situation cooperates...

Cheers!!
Last edited by Barkadion on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Nicely done. Enjoy the time off.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Nicely done. Enjoy the time off.
Thank you!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Taking about 1.5 weeks off.

Will be traveling. I might be doing some LSS and/or mobility drills. I will post it here if I have access to the computer.

I am planning to start BB next week. It might be short ~7 weeks or so due to my schedule and I might skip some sessions.
Will see ;)

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

PT that helped me with my injury recovery suggested this one. He states that it can provide huge theraputic pre-/re-hab and better recovery.
He did 30 days version, though..

https://www.t-nation.com/training/plp-t ... -challenge

Aiwacht

Post by Aiwacht »

Barkadion wrote:PT that helped me with my injury recovery suggested this one. He states that it can provide huge theraputic pre-/re-hab and better recovery.

After reading that article years ago (and some comments from Dan John), I tend to schedule in a pretty nice hit of 'moderate' ring/TRX rows & pushups each week to most of my workout days. I have some tendency towards tendinopathy from pull-ups courtesy of the Fighter Pull-up program a few years back, so mostly focus on the rows now. If I don't have 60 or so reps in the row per week, my shoulders get iffy.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Aiwacht wrote:
Barkadion wrote:PT that helped me with my injury recovery suggested this one. He states that it can provide huge theraputic pre-/re-hab and better recovery.

After reading that article years ago (and some comments from Dan John), I tend to schedule in a pretty nice hit of 'moderate' ring/TRX rows & pushups each week to most of my workout days. I have some tendency towards tendinopathy from pull-ups courtesy of the Fighter Pull-up program a few years back, so mostly focus on the rows now. If I don't have 60 or so reps in the row per week, my shoulders get iffy.
Bingo! TRX inverted rows would be my choice for sure.

I didn't do the program but what I did consistently was finisher: TRX rows/face pulls and yoga push-ups combo.
That was fantastic.

Aiwacht

Post by Aiwacht »

Barkadion wrote:
Aiwacht wrote:

I didn't do the program but what I did consistently was finisher: TRX rows/face pulls and yoga push-ups combo.
That was fantastic.
Are Yoga pushups like pike pushups? I find those do me a lot of shoulder good. I tend to do three sets of the TRX rows, then TRX Bulgarian rows, and a few of the YTL type of things a couple of times a week and that keeps everything nice & happy.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Aiwacht wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Aiwacht wrote:

That was fantastic.
Are Yoga pushups like pike pushups? I find those do me a lot of shoulder good. I tend to do three sets of the TRX rows, then TRX Bulgarian rows, and a few of the YTL type of things a couple of times a week and that keeps everything nice & happy.
Sort of..

https://youtu.be/HvghDKEkT6w

Very beneficial.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

That’s about right!

https://imgur.com/gallery/r48sXWI