J-Madd's Training Log

J-Madd

Re: J-Madd's Training Log

Post by J-Madd »

Indoor Power Intervals on the Airdyne x 7 (three minute-ish breaks)

That was easier than last week, but overall still a fairly unpleasant experience. :D

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

OP I/A, Block 1, Wave 1, 5/9 (80%)
SQ: 320/5x3
WPU: 20/5x7
OHP: 145/5x6

I kept the SQ minimal and cut out any extras (swings, farmer carry, plank & shank, etc.) because I'm running a race in the morning. I'm going to need fresh legs to keep up with one of my sons! I let it rip a little bit on the pull-ups and pressing.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

5 mile run/35.20

That's about a minute slower than the same race last year. I'm nevertheless pretty happy with that run. Last year at this time I was pretty "Green" -- I'd just completed a 1/2 marathon, and I was doing a couple E sessions every week. Now I've been deep into "Black" for a few months, and I'm still able to clip 7.00-ish miles over a distance without much trouble at all. The point of all this is not that these times are anything get excited about, but to emphasize again how well the TB system works: you can keep an attribute in maintenance mode for quite a while and still draw on it at a high level of competency when you need it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you folks in the States.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

OP I/A, Block 1, Wave 2, 6/9 (80%)
SQ: 320/5x5
WPU: 20/5x8
OHP: 145/5x7
Farmer Carry: 85lbs DBs/100-ish yards x 2

It's "Black+Operator" Friday! ;)

Great day in the gym!

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

BJJ open mat. I rolled 4-5 matches, and I learned a lot and had a great workout.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

OP I/A, Block 1, Wave 2, 6/9 (85%)
SQ: 340/3x5
WPU: 35/3x8
OHP: 155/3x5
Plank: 35/3.00
Shank: 35/2.00

That plank and shank was tough!

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Speed Endurance Ladder x 2

There was a great deal of huffing and puffing.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

J-Madd wrote:Speed Endurance Ladder x 2

How do you like doing these? I am considering adding them into my Operator+Black continuation protocol after I finish up with base building. Do you feel like it improves your endurance?

I am considering also doing Fighter (Bangkok) + Green after Operator+Black to continue to improve my endurance. Do you think this would be appropriate for the occasional HIC in a Green block?
Get after it!

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

nickgoldma wrote:

How do you like doing these? I am considering adding them into my Operator+Black continuation protocol after I finish up with base building. Do you feel like it improves your endurance?

I am considering also doing Fighter (Bangkok) + Green after Operator+Black to continue to improve my endurance. Do you think this would be appropriate for the occasional HIC in a Green block?
SE Ladders are among my favorites from The Vault. I try to keep my HIC in a mix between aerobic and anaerobic emphasizes, and SE Ladders fit the bill for the latter perfectly.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

J-Madd wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:

SE Ladders are among my favorites from The Vault. I try to keep my HIC in a mix between aerobic and anaerobic emphasizes, and SE Ladders fit the bill for the latter perfectly.
Not a bad idea. I feel something like Speed Ladders, Resets, and Apex Hills OR Meat Eater is a solid way to go for HICs.
Get after it!