Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Adski

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Adski »

Ah true. I’ve done similar before, working with different things here and there, TB seems to be the most effective for work/life. I’m surprised it isn’t more well known by now actually.
The only other program I would run again would be infinite intensity’s 50 day template.

Op/IA has been my go to for a few reasons lately. The 2day on 1 off approach has worked well particularly with the new addition to the family. I also use the 3/1 schedule from AA.

I would be keen to see Jim’s new book when it comes out, as it is meant to be geared towards bjj, I’m assuming it would be useful for other combat sports as well.

Great to hear restrictions have eased so you can get back into it!

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote:Ah true. I’ve done similar before, working with different things here and there, TB seems to be the most effective for work/life. I’m surprised it isn’t more well known by now actually.
The only other program I would run again would be infinite intensity’s 50 day template.

Op/IA has been my go to for a few reasons lately. The 2day on 1 off approach has worked well particularly with the new addition to the family. I also use the 3/1 schedule from AA.

I would be keen to see Jim’s new book when it comes out, as it is meant to be geared towards bjj, I’m assuming it would be useful for other combat sports as well.

That's exactly what I always find. I have my hard copies of Ross's books all sitting here along with my copy of TB Mass. I recently read a book on SF selection called Building the Elite by Johnathan Pope and Craig Weller. It's definitely worth a read if you want something else to add to the library and focus more on the mental side of training for Tactical athletes. I actually plan to use things like Magic 50 etc just to get some fast HIC work in with my Max Strength sessions.

I have an 18 month old myself and find that the flexibility of OP I/A is definitely better than having specific days I have to train. He is a good sleeper, but likes to join us early sometimes. The flexibility of OP I/A is definitely nice.

I will definitely be reading Jim's new book, but I thought I saw he had dropped off the forum recently. Not sure if he is more active on reddit as I usually only post here.

First day back on the mats with some actually rolling today. It was great to be back and the conditioning has held up over the lockdown period which is always nice.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

15/11/2020

BJJ Morning Gi Open mat

12 rounds, completed at least 7 with a few breaks.

It was great to be back on the mats and a great way to head into nightshift starting tonight. My conditioning was there, but timing was off. Overall pretty happy and got to work on things defensively.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Adski wrote:Ah true. I’ve done similar before, working with different things here and there, TB seems to be the most effective for work/life. I’m surprised it isn’t more well known by now actually.

That's exactly what I always find. I have my hard copies of Ross's books all sitting here along with my copy of TB Mass. I recently read a book on SF selection called Building the Elite by Johnathan Pope and Craig Weller. It's definitely worth a read if you want something else to add to the library and focus more on the mental side of training for Tactical athletes. I actually plan to use things like Magic 50 etc just to get some fast HIC work in with my Max Strength sessions.

I have an 18 month old myself and find that the flexibility of OP I/A is definitely better than having specific days I have to train. He is a good sleeper, but likes to join us early sometimes. The flexibility of OP I/A is definitely nice.

I will definitely be reading Jim's new book, but I thought I saw he had dropped off the forum recently. Not sure if he is more active on reddit as I usually only post here.

First day back on the mats with some actually rolling today. It was great to be back and the conditioning has held up over the lockdown period which is always nice.
I have the hard copies of Ross’s books as well (a few friends of mine used to refer to the books as the Bible, old and New Testaments haha).

That book you mentioned sounds interesting I’ll have to look it up.

Adding in the magic 50 etc sounds like a great idea too.

I might email Jim sometime soon, haven’t spoken to him in a while, I was doing consults with him for a good while, got some great programming ideas from him. I don’t know about him leaving the forum, but I’m definitely keen to see how the new book turns out.

And I’m sure your timing will come back within a couple of sessions for sure.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

18/11/2020

TB OP I/A Testing day

BW77kg
Work up to 90% max
Front Squat 90kg
Bench press 90 kg
Weighted Pullup 30kg

35 min walk

I decided to do a quick test mid recovery week for my upcoming TB Op I/A cycle. These numbers were conservative and I feel confident I could of met my previous months testing if i was willing to push.

I planned all my percentages and looking forward to OP I/A with the once a week deadlift option.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

19/11/2020

Easy recovery walk

55min

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

22/11/20

TB OP I/A Strength Session 1

BW 76kg
Warmup 2 rounds
Step up x10 es
1 Arm Dumbbell press x 10 es 9kg
1 Arm Dumbell row x 10 es 9kg
Raised pigeon stretch

Front Squat x5 65kg
Benchpress x8 65kg
x 3 rounds

EMOM for 10 mins
Pullups x3 (varying grips) 30 reps total
Pushups x5 50 reps total

Short stretch hips

This strength session is coming straight off nightshift with minimum sleep. It felt harder than it should of but I wanted to get the body moving. Tomorrow will be an LSS run and a long walk. I will hopefully make it in for evening bjj on tuesday.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

23/11/2020

Med ball slam Fobbit intervals
2 mins skipping
3 med slams in 30 secs
x 10 rounds
25 mins total

3x 1 min push up plank

I had to mix things up a bit due to getting tied up at work and having to look after my son. I kept entertained while I quickly smashed out the above. I haven't skipped regularly in years so I kept it short. I would love to have a indoor cardio option available for when the weather and life gets in the way. I might look at a treadmill or assault bike and start adding this in more.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

24/11/20

Lss trail run 30 min
distance 3.71km
Avg pace 8:05 per km
Avg HR 140bpm

I just did a nice easy trail run today due to my calves being wrecked from skipping yesterday. the original plan was no gi bjj but I forgot my training gear. Tomorrow will either be a rest day or strength day followed by dinner out.

Thursday will involve 2x bjj sessions if life doesn't get in the way.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

25/11/20

25 min walk

Ice bath

I am still having major issues with my left calf after my skipping workout the other day. I have been trying to stretch and roll it out as it makes walking hard. I hope it comes better as I am training bjj 2x tomorrow regardless haha