Workout Log

Adski

Re: Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:22 pm
Adski wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:06 pm
Barkadion wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:30 pm

Hey mate, looking forward to see how would OP DUP unfold itself in your training! What is HB in BEQ? I was also thinking of doing Dl on its day only if I am into the OP DUP.. Bad resistant PU?? Your journal is puzzling me… :)
Hey Bark, HBBSQ is just high bar back squat, I guess I could just put SQ there really, band resisted pull ups, I’ve been using these regularly over the last few months and wished I had sooner, basically I get a band or bands and attach it to heavy kettlebells, then feed a lifting belt through the bands on the other end and attach the belt to myself then do the pull ups. Ross has done them in some of his videos. My strength on WPU has definitely gone up since using them, both weight wise and strength in the last part of the pull up.

As for the DL, I was thinking if I don’t DL on a given day I could add a sandbag lift as a replacement and stick to similar rep ranges that are prescribed for the DL.

I hope that clears things up.
Thank you! Makes sense! Would you prefer band resistance PU over WPU, or you combine those?
No problem at all! Always enjoy talking about training!
Both work well, I mean I want to get stronger with the WPU so I have to keep them in there to a degree, I’ve only been adding the bands in for 1-2 sets once or twice a week, anywhere between 3-6 reps each set, I like the feeling at the top with the band resisted pull ups.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

31/5/22

Freestyle Jump Rope
21 mins
45 seconds freestyle steady pace
15 seconds sprint/crisscross/crisscross double or double under in place

Note: legs are getting better under the rope, the criss cross doubles and criss cross sprint in place is working so much better now, really enjoying the jump rope conditioning at the moment.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

1/6/22

HBBSQ
80kg 3x5

Sandbag Shouldering
Medium Bag 3x4 p/s

BP
50kg 1x2 2x3

WPU
12kg 3x5

PM

Band Resisted Pull Ups
O and R Band 2x6

Note: recovered really well after the jump rope work yesterday. Need to put a sandbag in front of the KB that I attach the bands to for the pull ups to stop the little bit of movement of the kb during the sets. Other than that, not a bad day at all.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

2/6/22

LSS run

35 mins

Note: mainly just felt like something a bit slower paced after a very long day, got it in with the sunset around the area, made for a very relaxing run.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

3/6/22

Forced Rest Day

Note: must have eaten something bad yesterday as I was up all night sick and right through the day.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

4/6/22

Forced Rest Day

Note: feeling much better, still need to get some actual food in me and see how it goes, mainly just a bit tired. Should be good to go by tomorrow, we’ll see.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

5/6/22

Skate
A couple of hours

Note: a fun early hour session today.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

6/6/22

HBBSQ
80kg 3x6

BP
80kg 3x4

WPU
18kg 3x5

Kneeling Rollouts
1x15

Ramp Rollouts
3rd notch 3x5

Note: long day, good to get the session in, enjoying how the DUP block is going so far.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

7/6/22

Rest Day

Note: overnight at work today with a whole Im lot of other stuff happening, won’t be able to fit anything in. Still a little fatigued from being sick last week so the rest should be a good thing.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

8/6/22

HBBSQ
85kg 3x4

Sandbag Shouldering
Medium Heavy Bag 3x3 p/s

BP
55kg 3x3

WPU
18kg 3x4

Band Resisted PU
O/R Band 1x4 1x5

Note: considering the night before, not a bad session, I put the sand bag in front of the KB on the BRPU and is made all the difference. Everything else moved well. Getting stronger slowly but surely with the medium heavy sandbag.