4 mins Freestyle Jump Rope
2 mins Shadow Box
3 mins Freestyle Jump Rope
3 mins Shadow Box
2 mins Freestyle Jump Rope
4 min Shadow Box
1 min Sprint in Place
5 mins Shadow box

Note: another gem from Ross’s Jump Rope book. Kept a fairly fast pace throughout, fast combinations, and the shorter the jump rope interval the faster I went throughout the given time. Good fun session.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

10/6/22

TBDL
155kg 3x4

BP
75kg 3x6

Ramp Rollouts
3rd notch 3x5

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

11/6/22

Skate

A couple of hours

Note: so good to get out today!

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

12/6/22

Rest Day

Note: no more TBDL before skate day lol. Hips and back hasn’t recovered as well as it should. I’m going to run fighter after I finish this block, I just feel a little more stiff in the hips after jump rope/boxing work then I’d like. The other option is to run bb after this block then run Hybrid/Conditioning emphasis. Family time, Magnesium bath and UFC on the cards for today.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

13/6/22

Forced Rest Day

Note: getting a bit unlucky with the colds lately, I noticed it yesterday, it’s not a full blown one, just really tired, feel a bit stiff and a little worn out really. Hopefully good to move around by tomorrow. I won’t play catch up with todays session. Am heavily considering dropping the DL and running fighter for the next block, and adding a sandbag lift and some swing work for the posterior chain. I feel this will let me move better boxing and skating wise. So basically Hybrid with a conditioning emphasis.

If I went this way it would look like

Box/jump rope work
MS
HIC - probably hill sprints
Off or LSS
MS
Skate

And the OP option looks more like

MS
Box/jump rope
MS
HIC
MS
Skate.

Then lastly is the option of making one of the new op templates integrate with OP/IA allowing for flex days.
Am keen to give fighter a run and see if I notice any major body adjustments movement wise.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

14/6/22

Reflex ball for a few minutes

Warm up then

Freestyle Jump Rope
5x3 min rounds

Note: brisk pace throughout, working through a whole range of turning styles, sprinting in place for the last 30 seconds of each round.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

15/6/22

HBBSQ
90kg 3x3

BP
60kg 3x3

Ramp Rollouts
2nd notch 3x3

WPU
25kg 3x3

Note: erectors feeling a little bound up so I backed off from the DL today. Other thoughts are that OP DUP could be run without the DL, and perhaps a sandbag lift put there in its place and then other posterior chain work covered through conditioning, as mentioned on a few occasions in the TB books. Good session today, everything felt strong today which was nice, feeling much more recovered from whatever it was that I had over the last 5-6 days.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

16/6/22

LSS Run
35 mins

Note: nasal breathing the whole way, good evening run.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

17/6/22

Forced Rest Day

Note: whatever this on again off again head cold/fatigue inducing thing I’ve had over the last week or so is, it’s getting just a little annoying lol.
Jumped in a sauna today to try and burn it out lol.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

18/6/22

Sandbag Shouldering
3x2 per side

BP
80kg 3x4

Ramp Rollouts
2nd notch 3x3

DB Farmers Carry
35kg DBs 3 sets until just short of hand failure

Note: hips and hammies were a little bound up yesterday, did a whole lot of mobility work which seems to have resolved it, but I replaced the TBDL with the sandbag just in case. Everything else wasn’t too bad, this is the end of the DUP block, I think a switch to fighter is on the cards next, will think it over during the deload week.