B71

Re: B71 Block 1: Operator/Black

Post by B71 »

M 23 Oct 17
Operator 70%

Bench: 3 * 5 @ 155#
Trap-Bar Deadlift: 3 * 5 @ 255
Pull-ups: 5/5/4

This is a quick workout, which is good for my morning routine because I don't think I have a lot more time in the morning to devote to it, but I'm finding it a little unsatisfying.

B71

Post by B71 »

Tu 24 Oct 17
HIC: Fast 5

The new shoes did not help. I got less than halfway through my 5 km when my right calf would not take it anymore. I might try to incorporate a longer/better warmup, to see if that helps. I was actually beginning to enjoy running for the first time in years, so this apparent set-back is kind of a kick in the pills.

B71

Post by B71 »

Th 26 Oct 17
Operator 80%

Bench: 3 * 5 @ 175#
Squat: 3 * 5 @ 285#
Pull-ups: 7/5/3 @ BW

I enjoyed going a little heavier. The 155# bench felt like a bit of a waste of time. The squat felt pretty good. I decided to go for max reps on the pullups, which was ok initially but I had nothing left on the last set - although I suppose I could have given myself more rest.

B71

Post by B71 »

M 30 Oct 17
OP 80%

Bench: 3 * 5 @ 175#
Trap Bar Deadlift: 3 * 5 @ 295#
Pull-ups: 6/5/3 @ BW

Still liking the heavier weights. Feels less like I'm wasting my time.

I really didn't want to get up this morning - the girls didn't sleep through the night (again) and I was awakened about 40 minutes before I intended to get up. Plus, there has been rain of biblical proportions here, so I was feeling justified in blowing off the trip to the gym. Still, I went. I'm glad I did. I had forgotten how much my early-morning workout improves my mood.

I didn't watch the clock obsessively for rest intervals, so I might have broken the "Golden Rule". Felt good anyway.

Even though I got 2 fewer reps on pull-ups from Thursday, I still feel there's a positive trend. I can feel the back and the biceps engage more, which I think is an indicator of improved strength.

I've decided I need to warm up better after last week's calf debacle. I found a page here on mobility drills and I will make an effort to incorporate more of it in my warm-ups and generally while at my desk at work. It appears my muscles need a bit more TLC. Maybe I'll ease back into the running because I would really like to lift 2 or 3 days a week and have one fast and one slow running day.