Lee's Base Building Training Log

Forest Ninja

Lee's Base Building Training Log

Post by Forest Ninja »

I've been ogling the Tactical Barbell for well over a year now, and deemed it time to give it a go. Brief training history/background: started with P90x and the like, worked as a wildland firefighter summer of 2015, and continue to work in the mountains, making myself available for initial attacks. Spent the last year plus doing a power building routine, but missed training endurance, so here goes Tactical Barbell, beginning with Base Building.

Forest Ninja

Re: Lee's Base Building Training Log

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 1

SE 3 x 20

My cluster:

Push ups with 15 lbs pack
Lunges with 15 lbs pack
Inverted Rows bw
Stiff Leg deadlift 10 lbs on bar
Lying leg raises bw
12 lb Sledgehammer swings (may nix this one)

The Inverted rows were certainly a challenge. I am hoping these will help my pull ups as I have been stuck at about 7 or 8 strict pull ups for some time.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 2

E x 30 on exercise bike

This felt WAY too easy. Was planning on doing runs for the shorter E's, and 45 lbs rucks/hikes for the longer ones. Unfortunately, family obligations prevented me from getting outdoors today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Welcome!

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Nice one matey.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 3

First off, Train_Hard and Green2Blue, thanks for the welcome/approval! Much appreciated!

E x 30m

Got outside and pounded pavement despite the morning overcast and light rain. Covered a bit over 2.8 miles. Tried to breath solely through my nostrils with an open mouth to keep an easy pace, but the cold that plagues me, prevented that. Also noteworthy: hills were encountered. Living just east of the Cascades, makes finding a flat run route challenging.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 4

SE 2 x 20

Took less rest between exercises, and altogether the session felt a little easier. Inverted rows are definetly my most challenging exercise in the cluster. Typically make it to number 12 to 14 before I have to let up for a few seconds rest.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 5

Recovery

Walked a slow mile and a half. Will likely stretch and foam roll this evening. Looking forward to tomorrow's ruck.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 6

E x 46 minutes

Used my Bear Grylls pack for this one. Loaded it up with 50 pounds. Covered just over 3 miles. This pack is not the most comfortable, but it closely resembles the ones we use for the pack test. This was done in my Scarpa Fuego boots, which I use for fire line construction.

Forest Ninja

Post by Forest Ninja »

Day 7

Rest!

Stretched a wee bit. Celebrated my son's 1st birthday, so diet wasnt the healthiest, but i managed not to binge. First week down!