Music for training

The Lounge
Barkadion

Re: Music for training

Post by Barkadion »

mtguy1976 wrote:Tool, Korn, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Slayer, House of Pain, Eminem and Ice Cube
I feel like old dog now :lol:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Barkadion wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:Usually depends on my mood but I will typically run to punk rock, hardcore, or some hip hop. Bands like the Dropkick Murphys, Street Dogs, Death Before Dishonor, House of Pain, Slaine, etc. Whatever keeps me going. I do think I should eventually not run with head phones in because whenever I go into an academy, that obviously won't be a choice. It does make the runs more enjoyable though. And granted I have always been motivated by music, too.
I have a friend who is reading poetry to himself while running. So, no headphones and he's memorized whole library!
Never heard of that before! That is interesting!
Get after it!

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Stechkin wrote:Mad Max Fury Road soundtrack on loop
Now there's an idea

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

I actually prefer to have no music whatsoever, so I can focus on the effort here and now. I find that when I lift in silence (or at least ignore the music from the gym), my heart rate is more regular and constant and I'm able to slow and control my lifts, or I can focus on how I'm feeling during any conditioning session.

In contrast, when there is music or TV or whatever, I'm generally influenced to move and lift at the tempo of the music.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

When I'm conditioning (HII,E, or GC), I generally don't listen to music. I like to get deep inside my head when doing that stuff, and I also hate having to fuss with an iPod or some such in the middle of a run. For lifting I used to go with lots of loud and fast heavy metal, but now that I emphasize chilling out more when I'm lifting I just keep it pretty loose. Sometimes I'll just listen to talk radio, but mostly I put in some classic rock, e.g., early Black Sabbath, or lighter, up-beat punk, e.g, Street Dogs or Murphies.

Shivayan

Post by Shivayan »

Barkadion wrote:
Shivayan wrote:Amon Amarth, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Whitechapel, A7X, Demon Hunter etc.
I can dig Lamb of God, thanks.
Glad you liked it! :D

My favourite song by them (and of all of my music) is "Broken Hands." The whole album "Wrath," is pretty great too.
"Trample the weak, hurdle the dead."
-Attila the Hun.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

J-Madd wrote:When I'm conditioning (HII,E, or GC), I generally don't listen to music. I like to get deep inside my head when doing that stuff, and I also hate having to fuss with an iPod or some such in the middle of a run. For lifting I used to go with lots of loud and fast heavy metal, but now that I emphasize chilling out more when I'm lifting I just keep it pretty loose. Sometimes I'll just listen to talk radio, but mostly I put in some classic rock, e.g., early Black Sabbath, or lighter, up-beat punk, e.g, Street Dogs or Murphies.
J-Madd, you keep surprising me! College professor swinging heavy KB with heavy metal music out loud is super cool image! :D :D :D

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Barkadion wrote:
J-Madd wrote:When I'm conditioning (HII,E, or GC), I generally don't listen to music. I like to get deep inside my head when doing that stuff, and I also hate having to fuss with an iPod or some such in the middle of a run. For lifting I used to go with lots of loud and fast heavy metal, but now that I emphasize chilling out more when I'm lifting I just keep it pretty loose. Sometimes I'll just listen to talk radio, but mostly I put in some classic rock, e.g., early Black Sabbath, or lighter, up-beat punk, e.g, Street Dogs or Murphies.
J-Madd, you keep surprising me! College professor swinging heavy KB with heavy metal music out loud is super cool image! :D :D :D
We all have our guilty pleasures. ;)

As a Massachusetts guy, you shouldn't be surprised to find a guy with a an Irish surname digs the Street Dogs and Dropkick Murphies!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

J-Madd wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

As a Massachusetts guy, you shouldn't be surprised to find a guy with a an Irish surname digs the Street Dogs and Dropkick Murphies!
But you aren't wearing red sox(cks) are ya? :lol:

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Barkadion wrote:
J-Madd wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

But you aren't wearing red sox(cks) are ya? :lol:
There are limits even to my guilty pleasures. :P