Music for training

The Lounge
lennarn

Re: Music for training

Post by lennarn »

Shivayan wrote:"Broken Hands."
I can see you haven't used reddit very long.

Shivayan

Post by Shivayan »

What did I miss?
"Trample the weak, hurdle the dead."
-Attila the Hun.

Decado

Post by Decado »

My training playlist includes:

Tool - Schism
Metallica - I disappear
Metallica + symphony orchestra - No Leaf Clover
Alice in Chains - Rooster
Rob Zombie - Dragula
Puscifer - The Mission
Chris Cornell - You Know My Name
Seven Mary Three - Cumbersome
Jay Z/Kanye - No Church in the Wild

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Decado wrote:My training playlist includes:

Tool - Schism
Metallica - I disappear
Metallica + symphony orchestra - No Leaf Clover
Alice in Chains - Rooster
Rob Zombie - Dragula
Puscifer - The Mission
Chris Cornell - You Know My Name
Seven Mary Three - Cumbersome
Jay Z/Kanye - No Church in the Wild
Good one!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

J-Madd wrote:When I'm conditioning (HII,E, or GC), I generally don't listen to music. I like to get deep inside my head when doing that stuff, and I also hate having to fuss with an iPod or some such in the middle of a run. For lifting I used to go with lots of loud and fast heavy metal, but now that I emphasize chilling out more when I'm lifting I just keep it pretty loose. Sometimes I'll just listen to talk radio, but mostly I put in some classic rock, e.g., early Black Sabbath, or lighter, up-beat punk, e.g, Street Dogs or Murphies.
Love the Street Dogs and DKM. Great band and guys
Get after it!

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

nickgoldma wrote:
J-Madd wrote:When I'm conditioning (HII,E, or GC), I generally don't listen to music. I like to get deep inside my head when doing that stuff, and I also hate having to fuss with an iPod or some such in the middle of a run. For lifting I used to go with lots of loud and fast heavy metal, but now that I emphasize chilling out more when I'm lifting I just keep it pretty loose. Sometimes I'll just listen to talk radio, but mostly I put in some classic rock, e.g., early Black Sabbath, or lighter, up-beat punk, e.g, Street Dogs or Murphies.
I'm going to give a lecture in the Boston area sometime next semester. I'm hoping I can get it scheduled at a time that either SD or DKM are playing in the area, so I can sneak out and see one of their shows.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

J-Madd wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:
I'm going to give a lecture in the Boston area sometime next semester. I'm hoping I can get it scheduled at a time that either SD or DKM are playing in the area, so I can sneak out and see one of their shows.
I'm about to shoot you a PM.
Get after it!

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

I like listening to classical while training. Epic stuff is great motivation for high intensity. https://open.spotify.com/track/1zOqrZCX1qyzyIlhMXALH2
The four seasons is great for LSS.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

lennarn wrote:I like listening to classical while training. Epic stuff is great motivation for high intensity. https://open.spotify.com/track/1zOqrZCX1qyzyIlhMXALH2
The four seasons is great for LSS.
Wow.. I didn't expect to see this. Frankly, I can't imaging listening classical music while training.. For me it is a call of complete solitude and some sort of meditation. Lights out type of environment. Well.. except the yoga perhaps..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

lennarn wrote:The four seasons is great for LSS.
What better than classical + metal music

https://youtu.be/8zatPihduQs?t=66

Ends at 3:56.