Music for training

The Lounge
Barkadion

Music for training

Post by Barkadion »

What do you guys listen when you train? How important is it for you?

Music is a must for me. I can't imagine training in a silence. I don't know if I'd be able to go through BB without having good old hard rock mix in my MP3 player. LSS without AC|DC? I don't think so.

I am stuck in 60s - 80s for all music I listen. Good old stuff. It needs to be heavy if I am about to approach the bar.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Green2Blue

Re: Music for training

Post by Green2Blue »

I can manage without, but it's pretty important to me. I'm very 90's myself: Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Static-X, Rammstein, Korn, Eminem, and even some terrible Limp Bizkit lol.

I found Eminem's Rap God to be a great song for my 6 min mile test, about 6 minutes long.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:I can manage without, but it's pretty important to me. I'm very 90's myself: Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Static-X, Rammstein, Korn, Eminem, and even some terrible Limp Bizkit lol.

I found Eminem's Rap God to be a great song for my 6 min mile test, about 6 minutes long.
I can see myself pushing with Rammstein! :)

Shivayan

Post by Shivayan »

Amon Amarth, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Whitechapel, A7X, Demon Hunter etc.
"Trample the weak, hurdle the dead."
-Attila the Hun.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Barkadion wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:I can manage without, but it's pretty important to me. I'm very 90's myself: Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Static-X, Rammstein, Korn, Eminem, and even some terrible Limp Bizkit lol.

Here's me in a Rammstein pit a few years ago. The foam was shot out of a giant "member" lol.

https://instagram.com/p/BLvzp_ag2I6/

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

Here's me in a Rammstein pit a few years ago. The foam was shot out of a giant "member" lol.

https://instagram.com/p/BLvzp_ag2I6/
Haha, so it's more like pink2green2blue :lol:

Caleddin

Post by Caleddin »

I found the changing beats in songs would trip up any rhythm I had when I first started running, so I never got into the habit. I also run in a city so it's probably smarter to have ears open anyway.

In the gym everyone else these days have their earbuds in, which ironically means I can sing, whistle or laugh a bit while working out without bothering anyone else too much.

I guess I've learned to enjoy leaning into the exercise rather than trying to distract myself, which might be useful, but I also don't get any outside encouragement either.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Caleddin wrote:I found the changing beats in songs would trip up any rhythm I had when I first started running, so I never got into the habit. I also run in a city so it's probably smarter to have ears open anyway.

In the gym everyone else these days have their earbuds in, which ironically means I can sing, whistle or laugh a bit while working out without bothering anyone else too much.

I guess I've learned to enjoy leaning into the exercise rather than trying to distract myself, which might be useful, but I also don't get any outside encouragement either.
Fair enough! Thank you for the respond :)

close_fox

Post by close_fox »

"You oughta know not to stand by the window. Somebody see you up there." Talking Heads. "Life During Wartime." Fear of Music, Sire, 1979.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Usually depends on my mood but I will typically run to punk rock, hardcore, or some hip hop. Bands like the Dropkick Murphys, Street Dogs, Death Before Dishonor, House of Pain, Slaine, etc. Whatever keeps me going. I do think I should eventually not run with head phones in because whenever I go into an academy, that obviously won't be a choice. It does make the runs more enjoyable though. And granted I have always been motivated by music, too.
Get after it!