Muay thai bag rounds

2 rounds
2min work /1 min rest skipping

2 rounds
2min work/1 min rest shadowboxing

3 rounds 2 min work/ 1 min rest
1st round-Jab, cross
2nd round -Boxing based combos
3rd round- jab, cross, jab low kick alternate kick sides.

Rope holding bag up broke...

5 rounds
2 min work/1 min rest
Muay thai combos varied. Finishing with low kicks

I am planning an overseas training trip and was originally just going to do BJJ and wrestling. Looking into options and thailand is looking to be the best and also the cheapest. Going to thailand again for the first time in years it seems a bit silly to miss out out muay thai while I am over there. This means it's time to get that striking conditioning back and work on some kick flexibility.

It was fun to hit the bag again even if the old thing is made of cement and the makeshift rope I set up decided to break. The bag I was using is over 10 years old and was bought the last time I went to thailand to train haha.

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training
Romwod earlier

Warmup 3 rounds

5x KB Goblet Squat 16kg
5x 1 leg glute bridge each side
5x KB Haloes 16 Kg

5x10 2H Kb Swings 24kg
5x1 TGU 16kg Alt L,R

Fighter Pullup Program

I have decided it's time to do a base build. My other training is not helping me meet my BJJ goals due to all the little painful niggles I am getting and the time investment. I also miss running.

I will be using the same base build I used around this time last year with great success. The main difference is I will be training BJJ and will only be counting these sessions as skillwork. I will also be doing some muay thai bag work that I will treat as skill work also.

My plan is to do the following each week/block:
3x Simple and Sinister Sessions
3x Fighter Pullup Sessions
3x LSD Run or similar

Once I complete that I will move to the next progression. I will do this for a total of 5 Blocks and then reassess.
Hopefully that makes sense to anyone interested.

My goals:
Build back up to the simple standard of S&S- 32kg 1 arm swings and 32kg Getups in the required time.
Maintain pullups between 15-20 for a single set.
60 min LSD run, comfortable 10km + and the aerobic/recovery improvements that come with this.
Meet my BJJ goals of 2-3 Sessions a week at the minimum.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

30 Min LSD run- 4km
Romwod

This was my first LSD run in months and my legs really felt it. My poor achilles and calfs really struggled. I had no issues with the breathing, but I was running extremely slow and nearly 2 mins slower than my old easy run pace. It's going to take a while to get that run fitness back in my legs, but that is why I am doing this base build.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Today's Training

30 Min LSD run- 4km
Romwod

This was my first LSD run in months and my legs really felt it. My poor achilles and calfs really struggled. I had no issues with the breathing, but I was running extremely slow and nearly 2 mins slower than my old easy run pace. It's going to take a while to get that run fitness back in my legs, but that is why I am doing this base build.
Can't believe it's been a year me reading your log. Nice to see you back to your flavor of BB. Seems like awesome year long round :)

Good luck mate!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:Today's Training

30 Min LSD run- 4km
Romwod

Can't believe it's been a year me reading your log. Nice to see you back to your flavor of BB. Seems like awesome year long round :)

Good luck mate!
Cheers mate.

Yeah I have learnt some things and my focus has changed repeatedly throughout the year. I think it's time to get back to base building and then the plan is to transition to fighter/fighter bangkok with BJJ added in. I enjoyed my time away from Tactical barbell style strength training, but I always find myself coming back. Strength and conditioning is taking a back seat to skill development and in my opinion Tac Barbell is the best way to structure your training for that minimal effective dose.

One day I will learn to just stick with it haha.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Romwod Short routine (So glad they added a shorter option)

Bjj Midday

Working on mount and the cross collar choke

5x5 min rolling starting from mount

I am loving the work we are doing on mount escapes right now. I love these visits back to basics and having a no gi background my collar chokes suck.

We did a drill were the goal was to see how little force we needed to get the choke on the collar choke. The goal was to get good grips and slowly increase the choke every 10 seconds. At about 10 seconds as I was moving up to 10% I heard my partner snoring and thought he was making fun of my choking ability... I had accidentally choked him out. He returned the favour nearly on the next rep with a similar sort of pressure. For the BJJ guys here it just shows how little strength you need if you have the right grips.

I had some nice competitive rolls and did alright for most rounds. My focus was to not give up my back and I managed this for 4/5 rolls. This is something I will continue to work on in the future as I feel comfortable defending my back from most people and now want to work on other positions.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Second Training Session

Warmup 3 rounds

5x Kb Goblet Squats 16kg
5x 1 leg glute bridges
5x Kb Haloes 16kg

24 kg Kb Swings
10 2h, 10 2h, 10 L, 10 R, 10 L, 10 R. Total= 60 reps

Turkish Getup 1 rep Alt L,R

Fighter Pullups

I was feeling good so I decided to just do a second session to tick it off. I was considering going to BJJ for a second session, but I lost track of time. I should be able to make it in tomorrow because of getting some training in now, but we will see how the body holds up.

Tomorrow and wednesday are the only other BJJ sessions I can make this week due to work. I will hold off my other conditioning and do this on days I can't make it to BJJ.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Romwod (Short)

BJJ Midday

Working on pulling guard, cross collar chokes and armar from them defending the cross collar choke.

5x5 min rolling starting from mount