Grouchyjarhead Training

grouchyjarhead

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20171018:
Started warming up for my overhead presses today and felt a strange sensation in my neck. It's been tight this past week or so, and though it didn't feel any different, it was odd enough I decided to play it safe and pass on today's strength work. I have an appointment Friday to get it checked out, might bump it up to today if I can. Hopefully just needs an adjustment and back to business as usual.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20171021:
4 mile ruck with 30# plate in 1:15. Nice easy pace. Then drove to do the One Hour Long Cycle.

6 minutes of work/6 minutes of rest, 5 sets. I was on a relay with my wife so she did the same. 12kg kettlebell, one arm clean and jerks. Not sure of total but over 200 reps is likely.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20171023:
Son was up all night, so I was beat this morning. Shoulders were still fatigued from the One Hour Long Cycle, so I decided to have an impromptu rest day.

20171024:
Black on Oxygen. 3 rounds of 24kg swings and 800m sprints. Definitely one of my favorite HICs.

20171025:
Easy paced 4 mile ruck in the pre-dawn hours. 30# ruck plate. McGill core circuit this evening.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

B]20171026:[/b]
Max strength session. Presses for three work sets (85#), trap bar deadlifts for one work set (185#). Repeated with last week's poundages due to missing a workout last week and this week. Felt very easy so 90 and 195 next week for both sessions.

Finished with a 10 minute AMRAP of pull-ups (17) and dips (27). Some core work tonight before my overtime.

My long ruck this weekend got cancelled as my boys are having a Cub Scout hike that same morning. I have 14 miles left for Pathfinder which I was going to primarily kick out on that day. Going to have to squeeze in a few short rucks over the next several days to get in 14 miles before November 1st.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:B]20171026:[/b]
Max strength session. Presses for three work sets (85#), trap bar deadlifts for one work set (185#). Repeated with last week's poundages due to missing a workout last week and this week. Felt very easy so 90 and 195 next week for both sessions.

Finished with a 10 minute AMRAP of pull-ups (17) and dips (27). Some core work tonight before my overtime.

My long ruck this weekend got cancelled as my boys are having a Cub Scout hike that same morning. I have 14 miles left for Pathfinder which I was going to primarily kick out on that day. Going to have to squeeze in a few short rucks over the next several days to get in 14 miles before November 1st.
Your finisher is grouchy! :) How is it done? Non-stop PU following by non-stop D? Or more like circuit thing? I like this one..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I treated it as a circuit-style finisher, and I liked it. I set my Gymboss app for 10 minutes then I hopped up on the pull-up bar and did as many reps as I could. Then I hopped on the dip bar, caught my breath, and cranked out dips. I rested about a minute (trying to be conservative at first), then hit them both again. Repeat until done.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:I treated it as a circuit-style finisher, and I liked it. I set my Gymboss app for 10 minutes then I hopped up on the pull-up bar and did as many reps as I could. Then I hopped on the dip bar, caught my breath, and cranked out dips. I rested about a minute (trying to be conservative at first), then hit them both again. Repeat until done.
Sounds good! Thanks.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20171028:
Easy 3 mile ruck with my boys' Cub Scout pack. 30# ruck plate, took us about two hours as we were stopping a lot and taking some pictures or learning about the stuff we saw.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

grouchyjarhead wrote:A few pics from the event.

20171004:
Quick little ruck around the neighborhood to blow the stink of. Walked the dog for 1.2 miles in about 30 minutes. Bumped up the weight, now I'll be using 40# for a while (eventually going to 45#). Traps still sore but after some foam rolling and trigger point work it felt a bit better.
So which one of the crazies in these pictures is our Grouchyjarhead?

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I try not to be too photogenic due to my line of work unfortunately.

However, I'll relent this time around. That's me in the black jacket.