mikhou

Re: mikhou's training log

Post by mikhou »

HIC #19. Bloody Lungs II

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

2 days ago - Rest day

Yesterday - I was in the middle of my workout, when we got a call that my 11-year old son had fallen at a neighbor's house while playing with their 11-year old son and needed stitches in the back of his head. Turns out that is was pretty wide, but not too long. He needed 3 stitches. He's a tough kid and never shed a tear, and he's doing fine today. So here's what I finished:

BP - 5x3 @ 77.2 kg
SQ - 3x3 @ 104.9 kg (was going to do 5 sets)
WCU - didn't get to 'em

Oh well. Glad that my boy is doing well. Because I'm traveling in a couple of days, I can't extend my workouts by a day and get in everything that I want to do so I'm going to do my HIC later today, get in my planned MS workout tomorrow, and am traveling the next day.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

HIC #16. Standard Issue Hills

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Wow! I've been out of touch for awhile. I began traveling on December 6 and then started a base building cycle on the 10th. I'm using TB's base building schedule but am supplementing with higher volume lifting at lower percentages. Since this is a TB forum, I'll not post those strength sessions on here. After these 8 weeks, I'll be going back to Op I/A Black.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

mikhou wrote:Wow! I've been out of touch for awhile. I began traveling on December 6 and then started a base building cycle on the 10th. I'm using TB's base building schedule but am supplementing with higher volume lifting at lower percentages. Since this is a TB forum, I'll not post those strength sessions on here. After these 8 weeks, I'll be going back to Op I/A Black.
Hey mate. Are you doing strength oriented B.B.? 3 days lifts/3 days runs type of schedule? Just curious since I have done similar to that.

Cheers.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Barkadion wrote:
mikhou wrote:Wow! I've been out of touch for awhile. I began traveling on December 6 and then started a base building cycle on the 10th. I'm using TB's base building schedule but am supplementing with higher volume lifting at lower percentages. Since this is a TB forum, I'll not post those strength sessions on here. After these 8 weeks, I'll be going back to Op I/A Black.
Hey mate. Are you doing strength oriented B.B.? 3 days lifts/3 days runs type of schedule? Just curious since I have done similar to that.

Cheers.
Hey, Bark. I am doing 2 lift days/week and 3 E days/week. I have done TB2 strength-first BB before using Fighter and BP/SQ/WCU and it worked really well. This time I am using a full-body strength program that I used about 4 years ago with some success. This program has a elements of purse strength and elements of higher-rep strength-endurance work. I thought that I would dial down the intensity some and increase the volume since that seemed to go along better with BB work. However to be honest with you, I am not liking it as much as TB2 strength-first BB, but if there's anything that I have learned from TB it's to finish what you start. So I'll do that, and then it's back to Op I/A Black. Next year when I BB, I'll probably stick to TB2 strength-first BB with Fighter.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

mikhou wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

Cheers.
Hey, Bark. I am doing 2 lift days/week and 3 E days/week. I have done TB2 strength-first BB before using Fighter and BP/SQ/WCU and it worked really well. This time I am using a full-body strength program that I used about 4 years ago with some success. This program has a elements of purse strength and elements of higher-rep strength-endurance work. I thought that I would dial down the intensity some and increase the volume since that seemed to go along better with BB work. However to be honest with you, I am not liking it as much as TB2 strength-first BB, but if there's anything that I have learned from TB it's to finish what you start. So I'll do that, and then it's back to Op I/A Black. Next year when I BB, I'll probably stick to TB2 strength-first BB with Fighter.
Fair enough! Good luck with BB, mate!

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Hey guys. I've been gone awhile because I was running a base build that didn't use a TB-related strength program for the first 5 weeks. I did strength first and finished with some bodyweight S-E work in the last 3 weeks. I'm now back at it and did some testing today. It felt REALLY good to get back to the weights today. My lifts didn't suffer much from doing more high rep work with both weights and bodyweight stuff. I'm going to start with a TM and then force progression for awhile. See you around the forums.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Mikhou, good to see ya back, mate.