Session 4

Deadlift 120kg 3x3

Benchpress 65kg 3x5

Finisher
Magic 50 16 kg Kettlebell
5x Snatches alt l,r
5x Swings alt l,r
10 Burpees

The deadlifts felt easy and strong, but the benchpress is causing me some left shoulder issues.

I finished off with a blast from the past. The good old "magic 50".

Back in the day I could do it with no rest in between sets in close to 5 mins. That did not happen today...
I got all sets done, but was struggling a bit and still feel it a couple hours after. It's rare I hit that true anerobic threshold in training and those burpees were a killer. It is a great little session that sneaks up on you quickly.

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Bjj No GI 1200-1330

Worked on hook sweep, into SLX, into X Guard, into single leg takedown.

4x5 mins rolling

Woo!!! No gi in the daytime. Awesome session and one of my favourites. I got to work on a few things and hit some subs I usually don't get to try in a gi.

I will hopefully make it back in tonight as I am on arvos tomorrow and won't be able to train.

I will be hitting up Wednesday No gi during the day also.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Second Training Session

BJJ GI 1800-1930

Worked on reverse de la riva passing and staying on top.

We finished off with 30 min shark tank starting from the above position.

I actually was doing really well in this and was defending and sweeping well. I hit a couple good escapes from bottom and immediately passed to side control.

Overall a good day of BJJ training all round.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Yestersday training

Bjj No Gi 1200-1330

Working single leg x and entries for same.

4x5 min rolling

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

TB Fighter Week 3
Session 1 (Final Session)

Warmup
Reps of below exercises at various loads

Deadlift 135kg 3x2

Benchpress 75kg 3x3

This will be the final session of fighter before retesting Sunday and switching to OP I/A.
I am also looking at swapping my cluster after a brief visit with the deadlift.

I reckon I will use my favourite Back squat, Weighted Pullups, Benchpress cluster.
I am having some shoulder issues so I may sub in a 1 arm kettlebell press and see how things go.

The plan will be OP I/A paired with Black Finishers and the occasional LSS Run.
I will also aim for a minimum of 2x BJJ sessions a week. The goal will be to get in 3 whenever possible and this will take precedence over lifting.

I am looking forward to the Squats and I think I will go with a conservative 80% training max and build up as per the OWT from Ageless Athlete. I am 26 years old but I think it still applies to us younger athletes with a higher training age.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Today's Training

TB Fighter Week 3

Warmup

Deadlift 135kg 3x2

Benchpress 75kg 3x3

This will be the final session of fighter before retesting Sunday and switching to OP I/A.

I reckon I will use my favourite Back squat, Weighted Pullups, Benchpress cluster.
I am having some shoulder issues so I may sub in a 1 arm kettlebell press and see how things go.

I will also aim for a minimum of 2x BJJ sessions a week. The goal will be to get in 3 whenever possible and this will take precedence over lifting.

I am looking forward to the Squats and I think I will go with a conservative 80% training max and build up as per the OWT from Ageless Athlete. I am 26 years old but I think it still applies to us younger athletes with a higher training age.
Sounds like a great plan! I am finishing OWT and I love that. Requires a lot of patience that I am lacking, though :D
I found that consistent landmine pressing does miracles for my shoulder..

Good luck!!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote:

TB Fighter Week 3

Warmup

Deadlift 135kg 3x2

Benchpress 75kg 3x3

Sounds like a great plan! I am finishing OWT and I love that. Requires a lot of patience that I am lacking, though :D

Good luck!!
Did you load it up as a main exercise ?

I could use it as a warmup.
I am thinking goblet squats, a lighter press and ring rows to prep for my main work.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

TB Fighter Week 3

Warmup

Deadlift 135kg 3x2

Benchpress 75kg 3x3

Good luck!!
Did you load it up as a main exercise ?

I could use it as a warmup.
I am thinking goblet squats, a lighter press and ring rows to prep for my main work.
I’ve been using it as main exercise in place of OHP. I love it! One of the best pre/rehab exercises that I have done in my life.
I’ve been thinking of TRX row with elevated feet and I might use it in the feature blocks in place of WPUs..
And I am still sitting on the idea of unilateral cluster...Something like Bulgarian splits,1A pressing/rowing (can be done with rings).. Maybe for BB next year..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky