Equipment you need and don't need

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Maxrip13

Re: Equipment you need and don't need

Post by Maxrip13 »

travman wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote: Atomic Athlete is great in that alot of the programming is 3 days a week and allows you to do stuff on the side. The sessions are very similar to Mil athlete just a bit shorter and more focused on GPP. I used the Maximum Overdrive Program for my last Strength Focused basebuild and had some excellent results. I love TB, but I occasionally like to shake things up a bit and Atmic Athlete is my usual programming choice.

The weightvest is a great way to train while travelling or short on time. I stick to the basics like Pushups, Pullups, squats and Lunges, but I have also used mine like a sandbag for rotational core work. Things like short power sprints and longer intervals become even more challenging with the added weight of a vest. I love doing longer intervals in my vest and I picked this up from mil athlete sessions.
I like Atomic Athlete's strength standards and coaching standards. I want to add a weight vest when I hit 10 hill sprints with no rest, I know it would be more beneficial for me to increase the distance.
Tyr0331 wrote:
I’m glad they cut down on a lot of that random equipment. Half the struggle with following their programming was making sure you would have all the equipment necessary or have a plan to sub in something else which was almost always the case
Agreed!
Do both in regards to the weightvest. Just do half rounds in vest and half rounds without. If your work/sport involved any loaded sprinting then it's worth it.It is also fun:).

That gives you the best of both worlds and those first couple sprints without the vet will feel like flying. Think of it as speed training

travman

Re: Equipment you need and don't need

Post by travman »

Maxrip13 wrote:

Do both in regards to the weightvest. Just do half rounds in vest and half rounds without. If your work/sport involved any loaded sprinting then it's worth it.It is also fun:).

That gives you the best of both worlds and those first couple sprints without the vet will feel like flying. Think of it as speed training
Maybe, my work/sport doesn't involve any loaded sprinting just headed to OCS hopefully in the summer. Saying that, I will probably do half the rounds with the vest and half without because I am sure I will end up carrying someone at OCS.