Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Bjj Midday No Gi 1200-1330

Working on SLX entries and sweeps from same.

I haven't done it yet but once I get off the computer it's time for some ROMWOD.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Having some injury issues.

The plan is to just do ROMWOD and BJJ for the rest of the week.

I will then jump into a Basebuild to give some niggling injuries a break.
I was keen to give the weights a rest anyway for a while.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Having some injury issues.

The plan is to just do ROMWOD and BJJ for the rest of the week.

I will then jump into a Basebuild to give some niggling injuries a break.
I was keen to give the weights a rest anyway for a while.
Sorry to hear that, mate. Have a fast recovery.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training (41 degrees here in Australia)

Base build Day 1
Strength Endurance (unilateral Focus)

1 Leg Deadlift x10 ea side 16kg Kb
Pushups x 20
Lunges x 10 ea side
1 Arm Kb Rows x 10 ea Side 16kg Kb
1 Leg Glute Ham Bridge x 10 ea side
1 min Plank

x 3 rounds

First day of base build completed. I will be running a sort of Base build I/A. I will take days off as needed and also to make sure I train BJJ atleast 2 x a week when able. Some days I will double up to achieve this and take the necessary recovery time after. I like to tick sessions off instead of sticking to certain days of the week. 2x SE and 3x LSD and a week completed is easier than sticking to a weekly schedule.
I find this works better around shift work.

I will be using a 16kg KB for all weighted movements. This is to allow me to take a Kb on the road and continue my training during Feb. I will be road tripping up the east coast of Australia. This should limit any interruptions to training as much as possible.

My main LSD work will be running due to the same reason. I will probably sub in a swim or triples when able just to limit the wear and tear on my lower body. Alternatively I will run/walk if needed and just keep my heart rate in the desired spot.

I will also try to do ROMWOD atleast 3x a week.

I might include a pic or two if I find some good looking trails while on my trip.

This will be my first revisit to a traditional basebuild as I usually use S&S + Fighter Pullups. I am looking forward to the higher volume bodyweight work for a change. I really enjoyed the challenge of the unilateral work today and it definitely had my core covered.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

30 Min LSD Run
3.9km
Avg Pace -7:36min/km

Nice easy basebuilding run. I was pretty much able to breath through my nose the whole time.
I am going to take these basebuilding runs nice and easy as I had some issues last time I tried to do a basebuild.

These next 5 weeks will be slow and easy, just to get some miles and positive aerobic adaptions under my belt.
I forgot how much I love a nice easy run outside:)

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays'Training
BJJ no Gi 1200-1330

Worked on 2 on 1 from sitting guard
Kimura grip to sweep from half guard/knee shield, finishing in kimura on top..

6x5 mins rolling

Great training session today on a nice hot sunny day. Sweat was pouring off me everywhere.
I had some good rolls and got to work on some things I wanted. It was also nice to have some options from the knee shield to attack.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Basebuilding session 3

SE + LSD RUN

1 leg Deadlift 16 Kg KB x 10 ea side
Pushups x 20
Lunges x 10 ea side
1 Arm Rows 16kg KB x 10 ea side
1 Leg Glute Ham bridge
1 Min Plank

x 2 rounds
Minimal rest between exercises, Pretty much constant movement ea round.
2:30 Rest between rounds

Straight into 30 Min LSD run
4km
Avg Pace- 7:31 min/km

I actually really enjoyed doing the 2 sessions together as the run felt nice and easy straight from the start.
I might do this on the SE session with less rounds to maximize recovery days and minimise the effect on my BJJ.
I only have 1 more run to do and the first week is down.I hit the 30 min mark and still could of run for another half hour. I also did the session with nothing but a coffee and it was midday.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Today's Training

Basebuilding session 3

SE + LSD RUN

Pushups x 20
Lunges x 10 ea side
1 Leg Glute Ham bridge
1 Min Plank

x 2 rounds

4km

I actually really enjoyed doing the 2 sessions together as the run felt nice and easy straight from the start.
I might do this on the SE session with less rounds to maximize recovery days and minimise the effect on my BJJ.
I only have 1 more run to do and the first week is down.I hit the 30 min mark and still could of run for another half hour. I also did the session with nothing but a coffee and it was midday.
SE and LSS are done back to back... sounds very interesting! It could make a lot of sense if one is pressed for time and can afford recovery..

Interesting!

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote:

Basebuilding session 3

SE + LSD RUN

Pushups x 20
Lunges x 10 ea side
1 Leg Glute Ham bridge
1 Min Plank

x 2 rounds

4km

SE and LSS are done back to back... sounds very interesting! It could make a lot of sense if one is pressed for time and can afford recovery..

Interesting!
I think it ups recovery to be honest. I now have a full day up my sleeve extra for this week. Considering the low intensity of the run and low volume of today's session (2x20 for 6 exercises) i think it might be something I try and continue to do. I am really concentrating on making these runs about basebuilding. I honestly think I could of ran for hours at the pace I am going for these sessions, which means I am perfect basebuild mode:)

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

Basebuilding session 3

SE + LSD RUN

Pushups x 20
Lunges x 10 ea side
1 Leg Glute Ham bridge
1 Min Plank

x 2 rounds

4km

Interesting!
I think it ups recovery to be honest. I now have a full day up my sleeve extra for this week. Considering the low intensity of the run and low volume of today's session (2x20 for 6 exercises) i think it might be something I try and continue to do. I am really concentrating on making these runs about basebuilding. I honestly think I could of ran for hours at the pace I am going for these sessions, which means I am perfect basebuild mode:)
I see.. but from my experience fatigue is really builds up steadily with B.B.. I do feel like a broken machine close to the end of it.. so it’s tricky..