Ectional's training log

ectional

Re: Ectional's training log

Post by ectional »

OP I/A 9/9 90%

Squats 125kg 3 sets of 3
Bench 80kg 2 sets of 3. 85kg 2 sets of 3 and 90kg for a set of 2. Thought about trying 100kg too but didn't since I didn't have a spotter. But I think I could get it.
Chin ups 4-3-4-3-3

60 KB swings with 24kg

ectional

Post by ectional »

For the next OP I/A cycle I'm going to keep the squat and deadlift the same but will go with 95kg as the calculated 1RM for bench.
As I have a 5 week internship coming up I don't know how my training schedule will be that time. Probably the next time I will retest squat and the deadlift will be in March.

ectional

Post by ectional »

So for the first time in a while the weather was actually cold enough to allow for some snow to stay and not melt away. And the weather is really nice today so I thought I'd go skiing for a few hours. But as luck would have it, there isn't enough natural snow in forests and the artificial snow machines weren't working at the ski base. So I just ended up walking around in the local forests for about an hour and a half. And it was really nice.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ectional wrote:So I just ended up walking around in the local forests for about an hour and a half. And it was really nice.
Frankly, this is one of my favorite drills :D Often, I add shadow boxing while walking without stopping.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

ectional

Post by ectional »

Last two days I've actually been doing Fierce 5 intermediate upper lower routine with my friend who's interested in starting his lifting career so I've been showing him the ropes on that. Now I know that beginners should get on a full body 3 times a week but that's what he preferred and in the end it's more important just to start.

Also I discovered this wonderful solid gravel track behind the dorms. Just about 100 meters long so finished today by doing 8 sprints there. It was dark, snowy and the surface is uneven for even more of a challenge. Or risk of injury. Depends from your point of view.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Rest day. Also weight is down to 113.6kg 250lbs

ectional

Post by ectional »

So after a week of F5 it's time to get back on TB. Even though doing higher volume was quite enjoyable. Another cycle of OP I/A will begin tomorrow. I might test squatting twice a week though by replacing one squat workout with the deadlift.
Would look something like:
Day 1: Bench, chin-ups, deadlifts
D2: conditioning of some sort
D3: Bench, chins, squats, KB swings (and maybe some fluff and buff curls) :D
D4: conditioning
D5: See D3
...and so on. Obviously this would fall into the I/A principle of maybe taking two days between lifting sessions and such, but that's the overall scheme.
Percentages for weights will be calculated off:
Bench calculated 1RM max of 95kg
Squat: 140kg
Deadlift 165kg

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ectional wrote:So after a week of F5 it's time to get back on TB. Even though doing higher volume was quite enjoyable. Another cycle of OP I/A will begin tomorrow. I might test squatting twice a week though by replacing one squat workout with the deadlift.
Would look something like:
Day 1: Bench, chin-ups, deadlifts
D2: conditioning of some sort
D3: Bench, chins, squats, KB swings (and maybe some fluff and buff curls) :D
D4: conditioning
D5: See D3
...and so on. Obviously this would fall into the I/A principle of maybe taking two days between lifting sessions and such, but that's the overall scheme.
Percentages for weights will be calculated off:
Bench calculated 1RM max of 95kg
Squat: 140kg
Deadlift 165kg
OP I/A rocks. Good luck with new block!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

ectional

Post by ectional »

Thanks!

22.01.18 1/9 75%
Squats 115kg 3x5
Bench 70kg 8x5
Chin-ups 4-4-3-3-3

And did two intervals on the rower too.

Chins have regressed a bit and my overall conditioning hasn't maintained as well as I hoped.

Also there's finally a good bit of snow so I might attempt to go skiing for the third time tomorrow. Maybe I'll be successful. Third time's the charm right? Also my friend is coaching a muay thai class currently so I might visit that tomorrow too. Going to be a lot of E work...

ectional

Post by ectional »

OP I/A 2/9

Deadlifts 3x5 125kg
Bench 7x5 72.5kg
Chin ups 4-4-3-2
Ab wheel roll outs 3x10

I think substituting one day of squats for deadlifts will be a good balance. I don't need to squat three times a week since squats have never even stalled for me, and doing two extra sets of deadlifts will help that get stronger quicker as well.