Barkadion

Re: Ectional's training log

Post by Barkadion »

ectional wrote:OP I/A 2/9

Deadlifts 3x5 125kg
Bench 7x5 72.5kg
Chin ups 4-4-3-2
Ab wheel roll outs 3x10

I think substituting one day of squats for deadlifts will be a good balance. I don't need to squat three times a week since squats have never even stalled for me, and doing two extra sets of deadlifts will help that get stronger quicker as well.
How do you find doing chins on top of DL? Just curious..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

ectional

Post by ectional »

Barkadion wrote:How do you find doing chins on top of DL? Just curious..
Definitely weaker. Not at first but fatigue sets in after fewer sets than usual. Usually I end chins on my terms but today I ended them because I just couldn't pull myself up anymore. I might look at other back exercises for that day. Maybe assisted pull-ups instead and go for more volume, maybe lat pulldown, maybe some chest supported rows instead. I'll probably try something along those lines next week.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ectional wrote:
Definitely weaker. Not at first but fatigue sets in after fewer sets than usual. Usually I end chins on my terms but today I ended them because I just couldn't pull myself up anymore. I might look at other back exercises for that day. Maybe assisted pull-ups instead and go for more volume, maybe lat pulldown, maybe some chest supported rows instead. I'll probably try something along those lines next week.
I see... That was my thought... Have you thought about mean and lean option?

ectional

Post by ectional »

Barkadion wrote:
ectional wrote:
What do you mean by mean and lean?

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ectional wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
ectional wrote: Definitely weaker. Not at first but fatigue sets in after fewer sets than usual. Usually I end chins on my terms but today I ended them because I just couldn't pull myself up anymore. I might look at other back exercises for that day. Maybe assisted pull-ups instead and go for more volume, maybe lat pulldown, maybe some chest supported rows instead. I'll probably try something along those lines next week.
Take a look on Option#3:

http://www.tacticalbarbell.com/operator-options/

ectional

Post by ectional »

Barkadion wrote:
ectional wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Take a look on Option#3:

http://www.tacticalbarbell.com/operator-options/
Thanks. I have. Although I'm not too worried about having a weaker upper back pull for a day in general. I might try it for a cycle at some point and see if it helps to have stronger chins on other days.

ectional

Post by ectional »

OP I/A 3/9

Squats 100kg 3x5
Bench 72.5kg 7x5
Chin-ups 5x4
KB swings 24kg 60 times
Ab wheel roll outs 10-9

Next week I'll start my internship with 12 hour shifts. At first I thought about how to work around that since my last time working shifts I couldn't make it to the gym at the end of the day. But I've decided to just suck it up, last time it was probably just laziness. I will probably take it easier on conditioning though. Work my way back up since I think I went too gung-ho in the fall and because of that now I've lost some of my conditioning.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ectional wrote: But I've decided to just suck it up, last time it was probably just laziness.
That's how I solve most of my problems, mate :D

ectional

Post by ectional »

Barkadion wrote:
ectional wrote: But I've decided to just suck it up, last time it was probably just laziness.
That's how I solve most of my problems, mate :D
Yeah, 19 year old me sure loved to make excuses. :D It was so easy to go home after work and blame the long work day for skipping gym. :D
One thing that might become an issue though is that I'll only have about a hour in the gym before it closes. But luckily TB workouts are short.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Did a longer run today. Around 50 minutes.

I'm going to really focus on running now with my E and HIC work since there are a few military themed hiking events (sorry don't know how to describe them better :D)coming in the spring. Really want to have my legs under me for that.