Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

60 Min LSD run
Distance 8.1km
Avg Pace 7:27

Last run for week 2 of basebuilding. I decided to push it a little but not to far. The furthest I had run leading up to this run was about 6km. I feel it a bit in my legs after but I will have all of tomorrow to recover so it should be fine.

I will be on a road trip for the next 10 days. I will still be doing my runs and kettlebell circuits, but we will see how hard I push things. It might be 10 days of bare minimums just to stay in the groove.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Basebuild Week 3
Strength Endurance

General mobility warmup

1 Leg Kb deadlift 16kg x 20 ea side
Pushups x 40
Lunges x 40
1 Arm KB Rows 16kg x 20 ea side
1 Leg Glute Ham Bridge x 20 ea side
Plank 2 min total

x 3 rounds with 2-3 min between rounds

I was meant to take two days off following yesterdays session, but I decided to get this workout done first.
I will definitely say todays training was a struggle and for the first time I had to have extensive rest between exercises and rounds. I also had to break up the pushups to get them completed.

I will be on a road trip from this afternoon and tomorrow will be a lengthy 8 hour drive. I will take tomorrow and Sunday off instead and get back into my training from there. If I am feeling good I might get a nice easy run in on Sunday. It will all depend on where I am and what I have planned over the coming days.

I need to set myself up to do the bodyweight circuits in good places as I struggle with these the most. I have to be honest in saying I am dreading the 3x50 SE sessions I have coming up. I also won't be doing the ruck up session or triples from TB Conditioning. I will stick to LSS running to work around my travel.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Today's Training

Basebuild Week 3
Strength Endurance

General mobility warmup

1 Leg Kb deadlift 16kg x 20 ea side
Pushups x 40
Lunges x 40
1 Arm KB Rows 16kg x 20 ea side
1 Leg Glute Ham Bridge x 20 ea side
Plank 2 min total

x 3 rounds with 2-3 min between rounds

I was meant to take two days off following yesterdays session, but I decided to get this workout done first.
I will definitely say todays training was a struggle and for the first time I had to have extensive rest between exercises and rounds. I also had to break up the pushups to get them completed.

I will be on a road trip from this afternoon and tomorrow will be a lengthy 8 hour drive. I will take tomorrow and Sunday off instead and get back into my training from there. If I am feeling good I might get a nice easy run in on Sunday. It will all depend on where I am and what I have planned over the coming days.

I need to set myself up to do the bodyweight circuits in good places as I struggle with these the most. I have to be honest in saying I am dreading the 3x50 SE sessions I have coming up. I also won't be doing the ruck up session or triples from TB Conditioning. I will stick to LSS running to work around my travel.
I really dig people who can keep training while traveling. Doesn’t work for me. Any time I try to do so I ruin both travel and training. :)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote:
I really dig people who can keep training while traveling. Doesn’t work for me. Any time I try to do so I ruin both travel and training. :)
You just need to plan ahead and be reasonable with what you expect from yourself.

I planned this basebuild to match up with my trip. It's why I am only using a single 16kg kettlebell, unilateral movements and bodyweight.
These sessions are pretty fast for me and I look forward to using running as a way to get out and explore the places we go. I keep it simple, I run in a direction until I hit half way of my run plus an extra couple of mins and then turn around. That way I can basically train wherever the hell I need to. I have done my LSS for an hour up and down a 500m stretch of beach in the past. That was the only place I had available to run at the time.

It also doesn't hurt that my wife and I are on different sleep schedules and I need to kill some time in the morning. I can't sleep past the sun without being on Nightshift and she can't get up early to save her life:) I also don't have kids.

I think a two week trip is the perfect time to get a short block of SE+LSS in to keep that tank topped up. I always drop the weights when I travel and just plan a block focusing on some body weight exercises and runs. I dare you to give it a go next time you travel ;)

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
You just need to plan ahead and be reasonable with what you expect from yourself.

I planned this basebuild to match up with my trip. It's why I am only using a single 16kg kettlebell, unilateral movements and bodyweight.
These sessions are pretty fast for me and I look forward to using running as a way to get out and explore the places we go. I keep it simple, I run in a direction until I hit half way of my run plus an extra couple of mins and then turn around. That way I can basically train wherever the hell I need to. I have done my LSS for an hour up and down a 500m stretch of beach in the past. That was the only place I had available to run at the time.

It also doesn't hurt that my wife and I are on different sleep schedules and I need to kill some time in the morning. I can't sleep past the sun without being on Nightshift and she can't get up early to save her life:) I also don't have kids.

I think a two week trip is the perfect time to get a short block of SE+LSS in to keep that tank topped up. I always drop the weights when I travel and just plan a block focusing on some body weight exercises and runs. I dare you to give it a go next time you travel ;)
Thanks, mate :)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Bjj No Gi 1200-1330

Worked on the following:
duck under to bodylock takedowns
toe press following single leg x sweep
Toe hold from same as above

3x5 min rolling

This was my first session back after my 10 day road trip. For some reasons my sessions didn't come through while I was on the road. I got my 2x40 SE session completed, but no runs. I did a lot of surfing and long walks that would easily have ticked that E time and intensity and I was just going to count them instead of my runs.

I am thinking of calling my Basebuild a bit early. If I do I will be going with a very light Zulu I/A. I want to get on the mat a bit more and I am looking at dropping my S&C session time and load to achieve this. I will wait and see how I feel in the coming hours and decide.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Second training

Day 1 Zulu I/A Minimal Cluster
Strength

5 min general joint warmup

Front Squat 60kg x 5
Lizard Stretch

x 3 Rounds

1 exercise for the whole session. I am using Zulu and going full minimalist.

I called it early on my basebuild. I decided I wanted to visit the strength work a bit earlier. I was having some issues with injuries from the higher reps and wanted to drop my training load.

I am going to run Zulu but only use two exercises and do it on alternating days. I will use BJJ and LSD runs as my main forms of conditioning. I may add in some HIC type finishers after the strength work but I will definitely be keeping it short.

My focus will be:
BJJ
Conditioning
Strength

Goals are:
Build up to 3x BJJ sessions a week
10km Run in 60 min
32kg 1 Arm KB press, both sides
100kg Front Squat ( No back or knee pain)

See template below:

Day 1: Front Squat
Day 2:1 Arm Kb Press
Day 3:No Strength work
Day 4:Front Squat
Day 5:1 Arm Kb Press
Day 6:No Strength Work
Day 7:No Strength Work

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Zulu I/A Minimal

1 Arm Kb Press 16kg x 5 ea side

x 4 rounds

I just went with the bare minimum again today. I need to let a couple niggles recover and It's nice to finish the session in a couple of mins.
I might get some conditioning in later, but more than likely will give it a miss. I will go to BJJ Wednesday and if I am feeling good I will try and hit up 2 sessions that days including wrestling.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today;s Training

BJJ No Gi

Worked on Estima Lock from Reverse De la riva and defence to same.

7x5 rounds of rolling

I nearly threw up in round 6 and had to skip a round out while I let my body recover. Overall great session besides almost spewing.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

1 Arm Kettlebell press 16 kg 3x5 ea side

90 min massage to loosen off abductors, glutes upper back.