Re: mikhou's training log

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today - Morning
BP - 5x4 @ 170 lbs
SQ - 5x4 @ 197.5 lbs
WCU - 5x4 @ 172.5 lbs
5 rounds of Plank 1:05, 11 T2B's

Evening - I wanted to get in a second workout today so...
Fobbit Interval / E / Fun Run - I warmed up with an easy half mile and then did some warm-up sets for OHP plus my first working set. Then I repeated another half mile run followed by a set of OHP repeating this up to 5 sets. I then switched to straight-leg deadlift. So I completed:

4 miles @ half mile each
5x4 OHP @ 107.5 lbs.
2x4 SLDL @ 190 lbs.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

HIC #2. Fast 5k Tempo Run

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Rest day

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

I love you training log mikhou. Your a great example of simplicity and consistency in training. Well done!

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

J-Madd wrote:I love you training log mikhou. Your a great example of simplicity and consistency in training. Well done!
Thanks. I am a very regimented person and love having a schedule. That's just how I function. That applies to my fitness regime, work life, family life and spiritual life. I get up at 5am, prayer and Bible study until 6am, workout until 7am, and start work by 8am. In the evenings, I'm in bed between 9-9:15pm when I read for awhile and then try to get some sleep. It just so happens that consistency works very well for fitness, too! Ha!

Just another note to you personally, J-Madd. I've gathered much from AA. My latest application is that of a small but consistent increase in training max over time while lowering volume but increasing intensity. I'm now running my Op I/A cycles beginning with a 90% TM using Op I/A percentages but a modified set x rep scheme based upon Prilepin's chart. After a 3-week cycle, I take a recovery week. Then I'll add 2.5% to my TM. Again, my set x rep scheme will change as the intensity goes up. I'll run this until I get to 100% TM and then I'll take a few days completely off and re-test. That's the plan anyway. It allows me to plan out my training for 5 months for consistency sake and then start over again. We'll see how it goes.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

mikhou wrote:
J-Madd wrote:I love you training log mikhou. Your a great example of simplicity and consistency in training. Well done!
Thanks. I am a very regimented person and love having a schedule. That's just how I function. That applies to my fitness regime, work life, family life and spiritual life. I get up at 5am, prayer and Bible study until 6am, workout until 7am, and start work by 8am. In the evenings, I'm in bed between 9-9:15pm when I read for awhile and then try to get some sleep. It just so happens that consistency works very well for fitness, too! Ha!

This looks like a copy of my daily schedule!

Just another note to you personally, J-Madd. I've gathered much from AA. My latest application is that of a small but consistent increase in training max over time while lowering volume but increasing intensity. I'm now running my Op I/A cycles beginning with a 90% TM using Op I/A percentages but a modified set x rep scheme based upon Prilepin's chart. After a 3-week cycle, I take a recovery week. Then I'll add 2.5% to my TM. Again, my set x rep scheme will change as the intensity goes up. I'll run this until I get to 100% TM and then I'll take a few days completely off and re-test. That's the plan anyway. It allows me to plan out my training for 5 months for consistency sake and then start over again. We'll see how it goes.

This is a very smart approach!

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

J-Madd wrote: Just another note to you personally, J-Madd. I've gathered much from AA. My latest application is that of a small but consistent increase in training max over time while lowering volume but increasing intensity. I'm now running my Op I/A cycles beginning with a 90% TM using Op I/A percentages but a modified set x rep scheme based upon Prilepin's chart. After a 3-week cycle, I take a recovery week. Then I'll add 2.5% to my TM. Again, my set x rep scheme will change as the intensity goes up. I'll run this until I get to 100% TM and then I'll take a few days completely off and re-test. That's the plan anyway. It allows me to plan out my training for 5 months for consistency sake and then start over again. We'll see how it goes.

This is a very smart approach!
Another thing that I picked up from you is the value of the Fun Run/Fobbit Intervals. I do one weekly now (well, every 8 days), and it's one of my favorite workouts in combining strength and conditioning.