Grouchyjarhead Training

grouchyjarhead

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Not much training for a few days, son came down with an infection and was in the hospital (all better now though).

20180301:
Max strength session. Pushed it a bit today being that it would be the only one this week. 3 work sets of pull-ups (20 total). 3 work sets of dips (26 total). 3 work sets of goblet squats (32kg). 60 two handed swings with 32kg.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Not much training for a few days, son came down with an infection and was in the hospital (all better now though).

20180301:
Max strength session. Pushed it a bit today being that it would be the only one this week. 3 work sets of pull-ups (20 total). 3 work sets of dips (26 total). 3 work sets of goblet squats (32kg). 60 two handed swings with 32kg.
It is good that your son is feeling better!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Thank you!

Also, part 1 of the little commercial I got to be part of. Not much to it yet, but there will be more.
https://twitter.com/WhistleSports/statu ... 1383203840

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Thank you!

Also, part 1 of the little commercial I got to be part of. Not much to it yet, but there will be more.
https://twitter.com/WhistleSports/statu ... 1383203840
This looks cool. I am still afraid of weighted crab walks, though :roll:

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

They are not fun. I have a bit of a technique to it now so they're not as bad, but throwing the pack right on your front and doing crab walks is tough as it tends to choke you out as you're going. I had to bite down on the bottom of my ruck to breathe, and ended up tearing my lip in the process. Now I sling both straps over one shoulder so it sits at more of a diagonal and it's much more efficient.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20180303:
6 mile ruck with 45#, 1:41.

Then did a deck of cards workout with 45#. Burpees, strict presses, goblet squats, four count flutterkicks. Total time 1:07, 85 reps of each.

Ouch.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20180304:
4 mile ruck, 30#, 1:09. A bit sore today.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20180306:
Max strength session. Pull-ups, dips, goblet squats, two handed swings. Felt pain in my left elbow during one rep of dips, I think my hand placement was off as when I fixed it, it was better. Still - I need to be mindful of that. If it happens again, we might need a different upper body movement.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:20180306:
Max strength session. Pull-ups, dips, goblet squats, two handed swings. Felt pain in my left elbow during one rep of dips, I think my hand placement was off as when I fixed it, it was better. Still - I need to be mindful of that. If it happens again, we might need a different upper body movement.
My problem with dips that i get carried away and go too deep without minding shoulders... Dips can be very tricky..

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Barkadion wrote:
grouchyjarhead wrote:20180306:
My problem with dips that i get carried away and go too deep without minding shoulders... Dips can be very tricky..
I've found ring dips oh so much more forgiving on my shoulders and elbows.