Making your own GC session

MxS/SE/HIC/E
nickgoldma

Re: Making your own GC session

Post by nickgoldma »

J-Madd wrote:Rosses books are a goldmine for GC. He has a truly sick mind.
Hey man, which of his books do you recommend checking out? Full Throttle Conditioning? Thanks.
Get after it!

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Actually, though Full Throttle is a fine bit of work, it's my least liked of his books. Infinite Intensity and Never Gymless are treasure chests of good ideas (and overall sensible approaches to training). You can't go wrong just following one of the fifty day programs from either of those books. I also really like Ross's Untapped Strength. For my money, that's the best book on building grip strength on the market.

xfitxm

Post by xfitxm »

J-Madd wrote:Actually, though Full Throttle is a fine bit of work, it's my least liked of his books. Infinite Intensity and Never Gymless are treasure chests of good ideas (and overall sensible approaches to training). You can't go wrong just following one of the fifty day programs from either of those books. I also really like Ross's Untapped Strength. For my money, that's the best book on building grip strength on the market.
I read and watch Full Throttle Conditioning and Core Training. It's excellent I base some of my conditioning on this.

Do you think it's worth buying Infinite Intensity or it's almost the same thing. Since I follow black I I don't want another strength program?

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

xfitxm wrote:
J-Madd wrote:Actually, though Full Throttle is a fine bit of work, it's my least liked of his books. Infinite Intensity and Never Gymless are treasure chests of good ideas (and overall sensible approaches to training). You can't go wrong just following one of the fifty day programs from either of those books. I also really like Ross's Untapped Strength. For my money, that's the best book on building grip strength on the market.
I read and watch Full Throttle Conditioning and Core Training. It's excellent I base some of my conditioning on this.

Do you think it's worth buying Infinite Intensity or it's almost the same thing. Since I follow black I I don't want another strength program?
I don't know anything about Full Throttle, but II is full of top notch workouts that can all be used as HIC or GC. My favorite HIC style workout (before Apex was invented) came from Ross, the "Magic 50". It's a classic, just google it. That and many others are in Infinite Intensity.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

I'd say buy II for sure. I did many years ago. I find myself getting back to it through my life. II is like old friend.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Barkadion wrote:I'd say buy II for sure. I did many years ago. I find myself getting back to it through my life. II is like old friend.
When you say "buy II", do you mean buy TBII or buy one of Ross' books? Cheers.
Get after it!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

nickgoldma wrote:
Barkadion wrote:I'd say buy II for sure. I did many years ago. I find myself getting back to it through my life. II is like old friend.
Ohh, sorry for confusion. Ross "Infinite Intensity" known as "II"
:)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Barkadion wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:
Ohh, sorry for confusion. Ross "Infinite Intensity" known as "II"
:)
Cool. Thanks brother.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Just bought "Infinite Intensity" and just looked through the conditioning section. Looks awesome.
Get after it!

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

nickgoldma wrote:
Just bought "Infinite Intensity" and just looked through the conditioning section. Looks awesome.
It's a HIC/GC goldmine.