Ectional's training log

ectional

Re: Ectional's training log

Post by ectional »

Haven't really posted here in a while but been still following TB.
Currently on another cycle of OP I/A with OHP, Squat and pull/chin-ups on two days and bench, optional deadlift and chin ups or inverted rows on one. ABA basically. I might ditch deadlifts for a while because KB swings and tire flips combined with squats should be enough to keep my deadlift where it is.
Also been doing two conditioning workouts a week and planning to try out doing a SE workout at the end of the week.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ectional wrote:Haven't really posted here in a while but been still following TB.
Currently on another cycle of OP I/A with OHP, Squat and pull/chin-ups on two days and bench, optional deadlift and chin ups or inverted rows on one. ABA basically. I might ditch deadlifts for a while because KB swings and tire flips combined with squats should be enough to keep my deadlift where it is.
Also been doing two conditioning workouts a week and planning to try out doing a SE workout at the end of the week.
Good to see you are logging again. How do you like ABA?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

ectional

Post by ectional »

Barkadion wrote:
ectional wrote:Haven't really posted here in a while but been still following TB.
Thanks. It's a good change from doing the same lifts three times a week, which did get me stronger quick, but also got really boring. So as a compromise I'm going to sacrifice some strength gain to keep it more varied. I've only done one week of this current cycle so it's still early to say.

Forgot to mention in the previous post that recently did a hiking event. 97km/60mi in 36 hours with 11 checkpoints with different tasks which went from doing triage at a big crash site and giving first aid to people while doing crowd control to just crossing a river on a rope to doing recon to find a flag in the swamps without getting noticed to ID'ing and shooting targets. Our team managed to get 3rd place. During the day the sun was out and it was about 30 degrees celsius which was made worse by intentionally low water supply. I think we got a resupply of water only in 2 of the 11 checkpoints. And during the night we were hounded by mosquitoes so we couldn't get any sleep. I'll try to get some pictures up later.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ectional wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Thanks. It's a good change from doing the same lifts three times a week, which did get me stronger quick, but also got really boring. So as a compromise I'm going to sacrifice some strength gain to keep it more varied. I've only done one week of this current cycle so it's still early to say.

Forgot to mention in the previous post that recently did a hiking event. 97km/60mi in 36 hours with 11 checkpoints with different tasks which went from doing triage at a big crash site and giving first aid to people while doing crowd control to just crossing a river on a rope to doing recon to find a flag in the swamps without getting noticed to ID'ing and shooting targets. Our team managed to get 3rd place. During the day the sun was out and it was about 30 degrees celsius which was made worse by intentionally low water supply. I think we got a resupply of water only in 2 of the 11 checkpoints. And during the night we were hounded by mosquitoes so we couldn't get any sleep. I'll try to get some pictures up later.
Sounds good! Looking forward to the pics.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Some pictures a bit later than promised:
Start
First checkpoint
A short obstacle course. Trying to run on a narrow ditch ledge so I wouldn't run in water and get my boots wet. Managed to do it well. Yeah that sleeve roll is cringey.

Overall it went much better than expected. Didn't run out of gas nor at any point did I feel like I didn't have enough strength when needed.

But today's SE 3x20

Push-ups
1 handed KB swings with 24kg KB. (10 swings each hand)
Thrusters with 16kg dumbbells
KB cleans 24kg KB (10 cleans each hand)
TRX inverted rows

Overall I'm not going to put SE into OP. It's maintainable but for a short period. Fighter bangkok is the better choice for me currently.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ectional wrote:Some pictures a bit later than promised:
Start
First checkpoint
A short obstacle course. Trying to run on a narrow ditch ledge so I wouldn't run in water and get my boots wet. Managed to do it well. Yeah that sleeve roll is cringey.

Overall it went much better than expected. Didn't run out of gas nor at any point did I feel like I didn't have enough strength when needed.

But today's SE 3x20

Push-ups
1 handed KB swings with 24kg KB. (10 swings each hand)
Thrusters with 16kg dumbbells
KB cleans 24kg KB (10 cleans each hand)
TRX inverted rows

Overall I'm not going to put SE into OP. It's maintainable but for a short period. Fighter bangkok is the better choice for me currently.
Good pics! Thanks for sharing.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Today's exercise to have extra activity:
Medicine ball slams 3 minutes
punching bag work. 5x 1minute rounds. Sprained my wrist during the last round with a right hook. That's what you get for forgetting your hand wraps. Hopefully it's just a light sprain. Also wanted to do some tire flips but couldn't without feeling pain.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Spent today figuring out what exercises I can do with weights to work around the wrist sprain. Basically I can do everything that keeps my wrist in a neutral position.
OHP 47.5kg 3x5
1Handed KB swings 24kg 20 each hand
TRX inverted rows 4x8

For a while I'm not going to be on any specific template, just going to do what I can to get the work in.

ectional

Post by ectional »

1-handed KB swings 32kg 50 each hand
chin ups 8-6-6-5

ectional

Post by ectional »

Fighter bangkok W2D2 80%

Squat 110kg 3x5
OHP 47.5kg 5x5
Chin-ups 7-5-5-4

Tire flips as finishers 12-10-10

Wrist already feels better, seems I got off with only a scare.