Programming Operator I/A Advice

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Stefano

Re: Programming Operator I/A Advice

Post by Stefano »

TBPenguin wrote:Hey Stefano, I've got no argument with what you do in the gym, was just curious on the why. Numerology works for me. :D Glad to hear it is working for you.
Ahahah yes i imagined that :D

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Stefano wrote:
DocOctagon wrote:
Stefano wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply! I’ll keep a 3 week forced progression and when my lifts will be difficult, i will reset my training max and i use a lower weight progression!
Your plan looks good, but I would recommend not forcing progression for the first 6 weeks. Especially if this is your first time with Operator.
Thanks a lot DocOctagon...i really had a good week with the 80% weight, it seemed the weight almost fly...do you think that, if i will have a really good week with the 90% lifts and they are easy, i can force progression as my original plan of 3 weeks or is it better to repeat the same weights for other 3 weeks?
Hi Stefano, that's the interesting thing about TB... It's meant to feel relatively easy or effortless which frees you up to do other activities and live your life. It's a tough mindset to break out of if you come from other training schools of thought that leave you with the impression if you're not hurting or struggling all the time you're doing something wrong.

As your weights and strength increase TB will become more challenging, so imo best to take your time and not rush things, especially don't rush building the foundation of your strength.

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

DocOctagon wrote:
Stefano wrote:
DocOctagon wrote:
Your plan looks good, but I would recommend not forcing progression for the first 6 weeks. Especially if this is your first time with Operator.
Thanks a lot DocOctagon...i really had a good week with the 80% weight, it seemed the weight almost fly...do you think that, if i will have a really good week with the 90% lifts and they are easy, i can force progression as my original plan of 3 weeks or is it better to repeat the same weights for other 3 weeks?
Hi Stefano, that's the interesting thing about TB... It's meant to feel relatively easy or effortless which frees you up to do other activities and live your life. It's a tough mindset to break out of if you come from other training schools of thought that leave you with the impression if you're not hurting or struggling all the time you're doing something wrong.

As your weights and strength increase TB will become more challenging, so imo best to take your time and not rush things, especially don't rush building the foundation of your strength.
Thanks a lot for your advice DocOctagon, I decided to force progression after 3 weeks block, but I’ll follow your advice and I microload my lifts (1/2 kg after 3 weeks instead of 2/4 kg after 6 weeks, it should be the same thing).

I’ll report back my results, thanks again for all the informations you gave to me!