What do you do after MS days?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
RugbyGuy

What do you do after MS days?

Post by RugbyGuy »

So, I used to follow a powerlifting style workout and my workout buddy still wants to follow that protocol and not lose a spotter. I don't mind hitting the gym at the same time, but my Operator sessions don't take as long as his sessions do, and we play basketball afterwards.

So, doing Bench/Squat/WPU and DL on Friday as my cluster. What can I do after workouts for 20-30 mins to stay productive? Lately I've been getting on the rower and it's so boring I want to gouge my eyes out. What about something like Pavel SS kettle bell work? I do HIC Tues and Thurs (usually something I can do on a football field or track behind the gym) and a long run Saturday.

Just looking for something that won't run me into the ground, but is worth doing. So I figured I'd see what (if anything) you guys do after Ms sessions.
"If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you." - Muhammad Ali

Tym87

Re: What do you do after MS days?

Post by Tym87 »

Emom pullups or KB swings? Adds some volume without destroying recovery.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Are you doing a conditioning protocol? You could cram a HIC in there. Or some accessories. Since I'm already doing accessories and conditioning, and I don't think my body could handle more training, I'd use the time to work on mobility.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Tym87 wrote:Emom pullups or KB swings? Adds some volume without destroying recovery.
What is EMOM?

Endure
My
Overall
Muscles

?
:D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

RugbyGuy

Post by RugbyGuy »

Green2Blue wrote:Are you doing a conditioning protocol? You could cram a HIC in there. Or some accessories. Since I'm already doing accessories and conditioning, and I don't think my body could handle more training, I'd use the time to work on mobility.

Yeah, I'm doing black professional for now. I just wasn't sure if anyone did anything structured on top of the 3 main lift for operator. Maybe I'll do some KB swings EMOM like mentioned Ned above and throw some curls in for the beach days.
"If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you." - Muhammad Ali

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Barkadion wrote:
Tym87 wrote:Emom pullups or KB swings? Adds some volume without destroying recovery.
What is EMOM?

Endure
My
Overall
Muscles

?
Every Minute On the Minute, although I'm sure this was just a joke.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Tym87 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
What is EMOM?

Endure
My
Overall
Muscles

?
Every Minute On the Minute, although I'm sure this was just a joke.
I'm truly had no idea, though :) jokes are always here..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

I do my max strength session with weighted pullups then after I do 3,4, or 5 BW pull ups every minute on the minute for 10 minutes. You get in 30-50 extra pull ups without burning your recovery.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Two things already mentioned here;

1. 2H KB Swings
2. EMOM Pull-ups or Chins (can be weighted)