General warmup

Bulgarian squat x20 ea side 10 kg DB
1 Arm KB overhead hold 40 sec ea side 10kg DB
1 leg deadlift x20 ea side 10kg DB
1 arm BOR x20 ea side 10 kg DB
X 3rounds, 2 min rest between rounds

40 min LSS
5km Run

I pulled up very sore following the deep tissue massage. I probably should of took the day off but I went to visit a friend and had some time to kill. I used my old army ID and went to base to use the gym while I waited for him to finish.

I dropped the weight to 10kg and used a dumbell. This was a better weight for the higher reps. I really focused on feeling the work where these unilateral exercises were meant to target. It was a better choice than the 16kg Kettlebell.

I finished up with a 40 min LSS run to wear in my new shoes. Nice easy basebuilding style run. My feet were a touch numb but I will hopefully stretch the shoes out.

Overall good way to kill an hour or so and get week 3 started.

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Bjj Gi Midday

Worked on:
Leg drag
Counter to other person throwing leg over and pass

5x5 mins rolling

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Yesterdays training
Basebuild Week3 Session 2

SE+LSS

General warmup

Bulgarian squat x20 ea side 10 kg DB
1 Arm KB overhead hold 40 sec ea side 10kg DB
1 leg deadlift x20 ea side 10kg DB
1 arm BOR x20 ea side 10 kg DB
X 2rounds, 2 min rest between rounds

30 min LSS
4km

I managed to sneak in my second SE+LSS session in for week 3. I have 1 more run to complete for this week.

Overall good training session for the SE exercises. Just doing 2 sets is so much easier than 3.

I only did a 30 min run as I am still wearing in some new shoes and dealing with some numbness in my right foot. Hopefully the shoes stretch out and it becomes a non issue.

BJJ or a run before work might be on the cards, but I will play it by feel.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today’s training

Bjj gi midday

Worked on:

Side control and armbar via north south from same

6x5 mins rolling starting from side

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's training
Basebuild Week 4 Session 1

SE

General warmup

Bulgarian squat x25 ea side 10 kg DB
1 Arm KB overhead hold 0 sec ea side 10kg DB
1 leg deadlift x2 ea side 10kg DB
1 arm BOR x2 ea side 10 kg DB
X rounds

I pulled up a bit sore from BJJ. I have been having some trouble getting in my training lately. Just general fatigue and poor sleep lately.
I will run later today or tomorrow after work. I have some work stuff today and need to minimize fatigue.

This session was harder than it should of been, but I was able to break the reps up and get it done. I am contemplating skipping the next week (3x50) and transitioning to OP I/A + Green with some very conservative maxes. It's been a long time since I visited max strength and it is starting to effect my SE work.

I will use a back squat, bench press, weighted Pullup cluster depending on some shoulder niggles I have been having. I will probably sub in deadlifts (or 1 legged variant) every 3rd session just to visit these again. I will use LSS runs and a harder fun run every 3rd session with some SE exercises thrown in.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

OP I/A Week 1 Day 1

General warmup

Jumping ring muscle up/ Pistols 3x2

Pistol x5 ea side
Lizard stretch

Benchpress x 5 50kg
Pec/shoulder stretch

Pullup x 6
Lat/Shoulder stretch

x 3 rounds

I decided to add some strength work back in and finish SE phase of basebuilding early. It's been nearly 5 months since I visited max strength.

I went with a cluster I had a lot of success with in the past. I am hoping the lower volume and body weight stuff allows me to recover easier. I am basically doing fighter but will call it OP I/A because I like the option of taking lots of days off between sessions.

I am on nightshift and will try and get in a run tomorrow at some point. It will either be a 30+min LSS or an interval session at the nearby track.

The plan will be MS, Conditioning, Rest and repeat unless I need another recovery day. It works out to 9 MS sessions and 9 Conditioning sessions and then force progress or retest.

My BJJ as always will be treated independently and prioritised. The aim being 2 sessions a week minimum and 3+being a great week.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Op I/A week 1 Day 2
Conditioning

Fast 5km run

Total Time 28.10min
Avg pace 5:38 min/km

This was harder than it should have been but got the job done. I am disappointed with the time but had pretty good run form for a change.
It felt good to push the pace a bit more than usual. I need to test my 3.2km pace after I finish this OP I/A. I need to drop it down for fitness tests for work in the future.

Improving my run fitness is the main goal at the moment. Strength is on the back burner for a while.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

OP I/A Week 1 Day 2

General warmup

Jumping ring muscle up/ Pistols 3x1

Pistol x5 ea side
Lizard stretch

Benchpress x 5 50kg
Pec/shoulder stretch

Pullup x 6
Lat/Shoulder stretch

x 3 rounds

Straight out of bed and into training off nightshift sleep. It took me a little bit to get going. I did my pistols onto a lower step and still felt a bit sore through the legs from my run the other day.

Tomorrow will either be BJJ no gi for an hour or an LSS run.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Straight out of bed and into training off nightshift sleep. It took me a little bit to get going.
Been there.. That is how I started to abuse caffeine at some point of my life..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:Straight out of bed and into training off nightshift sleep. It took me a little bit to get going.
Been there.. That is how I started to abuse caffeine at some point of my life..
4 hours of night shift overtime and “5 hours of sleep” from yesterday’s shift. The sun was well and truly up at midday when I finally crawled into bed.
Today is definitely a day off training and copious amounts of caffeine will be consumed tonight haha.