A Case For Conditoning by Brian Alsruhe (strongman)

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Stechkin

A Case For Conditoning by Brian Alsruhe (strongman)

Post by Stechkin »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3M6kG29wSs

Check out his other videos as well. He has some incredible lifts but also does a lot of conditioning and is an excellent all-around athlete.

Green2Blue

Re: A Case For Conditoning by Brian Alsruhe (strongman)

Post by Green2Blue »

Absulutely LOVE everything by Alsruhe. I used to follow his old logs back in the day on t-nation when he went as Alpha. Very inspiring and well spoken guy.

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

I actually subscribed to Brian Alsruhe through Allan Thrall (flameshield up).

Brian is pretty good in terms of technique and conditioning ideas. One of the more sensible YouTubers out there for strength and conditioning.

RugbyGuy

Post by RugbyGuy »

Blackmetalbunny wrote:I actually subscribed to Brian Alsruhe through Allan Thrall (flameshield up)
I did the same thing. Thrall was a Marine casket bearer once upon a time, so I've got to subscribe to my guys. Another good one for powerlifting is Cody Lefever, or GZCL (goes by both).
"If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you." - Muhammad Ali

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

I decided to watch this after work yesterday and I really enjoyed it. He makes a good point on pushing yourself/getting out of your comfort zone during a conditioning session. The protocols in TB2 really do that to you with the same of which I have experimented with. I also checked out neversate.com and it is a pretty good resource for strength and conditioning programming if you want to check it out.
Get after it!