Qigong
Moves##1,2
Move#3 - Weight shift + breathing
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Barkadion

Re: Barkadion TB Logs

Post by Barkadion »

Notes
*That completes my very first block of Fighter Green. And yes yes yes - I really like it a lot.
**I have to say that it feels completely different from OP. Lifts feel heavy and rusty mostly. HIC is a blessing. And E keeps you slow cooking.
***I am very surprised with the rucking experience. I have done hiking before but marching with the ruck is completely different animal. Doing it at 5AM gets you to another dimension. Simply cool.
****Overall, I am very pleased with the whole Fighter Bangkok Green universe. I am planning to stay there for the rest of this TB year. OWT logic adds special flavor to it.
*****Leaving for another travel today. I am looking to 2 busy weeks. The plan is to rest for a few days and to do either adjusted version of my regular block or just some random training session depending on the gym I can find. Worst case scenario is having 2 weeks off which won't kill you..

Cheers!

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Would like to hear more of your thoughts on Operator vs. Fighter--especially as a fellow old person and someone who lifts on the heavy side.

When I started reading the books I assumed I'd do Zulu, but I'm on Op I/A now and can't imagine doing Zulu instead. And then I had the realization recently that Op I/A is really halfway to Fighter from traditional Op.

Thanks!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Would like to hear more of your thoughts on Operator vs. Fighter--especially as a fellow old person and someone who lifts on the heavy side.

When I started reading the books I assumed I'd do Zulu, but I'm on Op I/A now and can't imagine doing Zulu instead. And then I had the realization recently that Op I/A is really halfway to Fighter from traditional Op.

Thanks!
Hey VC,

It is pretty much what I have said before. The lifting "feels' a little more rusty and heavier. I don't feel OP smoothness with dropping 3rd day of the same compounds. It feels more like getting back to the lifting from the break with the Fighter VS just enjoying the ride with OP. I'd imagine that the progress (if any) will be much slower and a little more challenging with Fighter/green.

On the other hand... I appreciate having SE day very much. It is KB circuits in my case. But I think you can do classic bodybuilding accessory circuit as well. Anyways, it is just a lot of joy for me personally. Also, it s nicely taking care of my post injury shoulder, hip and knee.

And I do love how E wraps it all around.

It all suits me very well considering that I need particular dynamic with studying qigong on daily basis. That is my story and very short experience.

Hovewer, I do believe that OP I/A is the best choice if one prioritizes lifting and does aim for certain numbers. It is not that improtant for me anymore. What is more important is training consistently year round with moderate effort without burning out and having gas in the tank for additional activities.

Cheers, mate.
Last edited by Barkadion on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

9/6/18-10/9/18
Rest week, traveling

Rest days so far. Found gym withing walking distance. I might get there in a couple of day to have some fun ;)

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Thanks man. I'm nearing the end of my first block of Op I/A (today is my 90% day) and I think I'm just going to do another one. Lifting every third day is as far as I'm willing to go down the 'cardio path,' as it were. I'm used to lifting 4 days out of 7 and just going as heavy/ as many sets as I can, so even this feels like a massive shift toward running/conditioning.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

10/11/18
Traveling, some random training

Lifts
DB OHP - 4x5, 40kg
Chins - 4х5, BW
Reverse Lunges - 4x5, 30kg
RI - 3 min

Finisher
LWSW, 4kg/arm
Prone Bridge Arm March, 2x20

Qigong
Moves##1,2
Move#3 - Weight shift + breathing

Notes
*Just picked some random numbers. Local gym. Keeping the wheels moving.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

10/12/18
Traveling, some random training

E
LSS run, treadmill.
40min

Finisher
T2B, 1x15

Qigong