Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Barkadion

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Today'straining

BJJ GI Midday

Worked on armdrag, takedowns and back takes from turtle.

5x5 min rolling

I am definitely thinking I will swap back to Op I/A in the coming weeks. I am struggling to get the calories and sleep to recover from even the minimal mass sessions I am doing.
Sorry to hear that mate.. I am still scratching my head if I want to go for OMS.. Recovery is big issue for me. I do lack of a sleep on the regular basis and I do have some extra activities.. The bulking takes all your juice as far as I remember from years back when I took that road..
Cheers!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:Today'straining

BJJ GI Midday

Worked on armdrag, takedowns and back takes from turtle.

5x5 min rolling

I am definitely thinking I will swap back to Op I/A in the coming weeks. I am struggling to get the calories and sleep to recover from even the minimal mass sessions I am doing.
Sorry to hear that mate.. I am still scratching my head if I want to go for OMS.. Recovery is big issue for me. I do lack of a sleep on the regular basis and I do have some extra activities.. The bulking takes all your juice as far as I remember from years back when I took that road..
Cheers!
The templates are brilliant. OMS would definitely be a great way to go, but it doesn't fit my current life. It's just the classic issue of trying to do too much all at once. I am still getting good results, but it is causing issues in my work and sport. Sleep and food have been sub optimal lately and that is caused by me and not the program.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today' s training

TB Mass Fighter HT
Week 3 Session 1

General warm up

Benchpress 5x3 65kg
Front Squat 1x3 75kg Squat+ Worked up to 105kg x1

30 min LSS Run
Distance:3.86km
Avg Pace7:46/km
Avg HR:132bpm

20 min Walk

Final week of Fighter HT.Today was the first day I haven't felt absolutely destroyed. I think my body has just gotten so used to staying in that 5 rep range over the years. I chose to go with Squat + to have a break from the higher reps and it was the right choice.
Front Squat went up 5kg and I was probably good for 110kg which is an all time PR. My set of 3 was also at my current bodyweight and very easy.

I am adjusting to the volume more now. I think the plan will be OP I/A or Fighter Bangkok/Green for 3-6 weeks before another trip through Fighter HT.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training

30 min walk through park

I had a bIt of a play on the monkey bars and other objects throughout the park.
It felt good to do some playing and did get the heart rate up.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today’s training

Bjj midday gi
Worked on side control

5x5 mins rolling

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today' s training

TB Mass Fighter HT
Week 3 Session 2

General warm up

Benchpress 1X3 65kg worked up to 90kg
Front Squat 5x3 75kg

I have been having some shoulder issues so I cut the bench press session early. My bench is basically a close grip bench so I am actually happy with 90kg at the moment. The squats felt nice and easy in the 3 set range. I am definitely much stronger below 5 reps than above.

The plan is to go and get a massage today to clear up the shoulder issues before deadlift day. I am thinking my next cycle will be OP I/A or Fighter Bangkok I/A. I enjoyed the Mass cluster but I am looking at doing a 21km trail run in June and need to get some run volume in before then.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today’s training

Bjj midday gi

Side control to mount
Armbar from arm trapped mount

5x5 mins rolling

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

yesterdays training
Recovery day

30 min LSS Walk

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today’s training

Bjj no gi evening
Open mat

2 hours of rolling with short breaks in between

It was good to get back in and do no gi. It would nearly have been a year since I last did. It is my preferred form of grappling.

I didn’t gas at all and was happy overall

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's training

Recovery day

60 Min Walk
Distance: 5.68km
Avg pace:10:39/km
Avg HR 105 BPM

Yoga 25min
Avg HR 94BPM

Full recovery day after all of yesterdays rolling. I pulled up mildly sore but nothing terrible.
I will be back on the TB OP bandwagon in the coming days using very conservative weights for Back Squat, Bench press and weighted Pull ups. I will also be aiming for 2-3 runs a week and BJJ 2-3 x a week. I won't be doing any HIC on top of sport practice. I am aiming to compete in BJJ this year and to do a 21km trail race in June. Just looking to build a good base during 2019 and add some intensity next year.