Grouchyjarhead Training

grouchyjarhead

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190227:
Same workout as the 20th, except no rucksack this time. Still a bit weak from Saturday. I finished with a Tabata of the plank and shank and a Tabata of side planks.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190302:
5 mile ruck. 30# plate in ruck. For the first mile, I also carried a 45# sandbag. Charity walk with my sons so it ended up being around 2 hours for that five miles. Left shoulder is a bit troublesome lately - need to work on it and get it checked out.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190303:
Ruck + sandbag step-ups (~75#) - 30 reps each leg. Sandbag side lunges 30 reps each leg. One-arm kettlebell swings 30 reps each hand. Easy 2 mile run to finish things off in less than 22 minutes.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:20190303:
Ruck + sandbag step-ups (~75#) - 30 reps each leg. Sandbag side lunges 30 reps each leg. One-arm kettlebell swings 30 reps each hand. Easy 2 mile run to finish things off.
That’s painful...
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Not too bad actually, fun little workout to blow the stink off. Most of the upcoming workouts will be low key until after the GORUCK Tough so just having fun but keeping it sensible.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Not too bad actually, fun little workout to blow the stink off. Most of the upcoming workouts will be low key until after the GORUCK Tough so just having fun but keeping it sensible.
Good luck with the event!!

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Down for the count for a bit. The pain I was feeling was actually a biceps tendon tear at the shoulder. Going through PT 2-3 times a week right now to get it fixed. Out of the GORUCK Tough naturally.

Bad time for it to happen as there are some major events coming up at work and there will be some long days of overtime and more physical work than usual. I can still run though so I plan on doing my fair share of that.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Down for the count for a bit. The pain I was feeling was actually a biceps tendon tear at the shoulder. Going through PT 2-3 times a week right now to get it fixed. Out of the GORUCK Tough naturally.

Bad time for it to happen as there are some major events coming up at work and there will be some long days of overtime and more physical work than usual. I can still run though so I plan on doing my fair share of that.
Sorry to hear that. I wish you safe and fast recovery.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Thanks Bark. It's a bit better but still troublesome. My PT says I'm on the road to 100% recovery but obviously frowned on me beating down on it for 12 hours straight. I have a 15K and a half marathon I'm eyeballing right now, I'll still keep busy. I'm considering following the GORUCK event overnight for a while as a "shadow", basically people who are allowed to follow along and take pictures but can't assist the participants in any way.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Yeah, sorry to hear about the tendon tear. Shoulder issues suck...