Plank and Shank - 2:30 each

mikhou

Re: mikhou's training log

Post by mikhou »

1:1 sprints

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

60 minute Fun Run / Fobbit Interval stopping every six minutes to perform these sets in this order for a total of 9 exercises interspersed throughout the session:

DB OHP - 5,5,6 @ 19.5 kg
KB Swings - 70, 30 reps @ 18kg
Farmer's walk with 19.5 kg dumbbells - 3 rounds @ 400 feet
DB row - 10/each side @ 19.5 kg

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today
BP - 5,5,6 @ 73.2 kg
SQ - 5,5,5 @ 99.4 kg
WCU - 5,5,7 @ 71.9 kg
Plank and Shank - 2:40 each

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

30:30 sprints

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

So a week and a half ago after playing volleyball, I noticed that my right knee was a little sore. I know that it had to do with the shoes that I was wearing which offered zero lateral support. Well, I decided to tough through it and continued to workout because it didn't hurt when I lifted or ran. It has been swollen since then, and I did see a doctor who said that it was patella bursitis and that I should ice it a lot, take ibuprofen, and eventually it'll go down on its own. I asked if I could continue working out and said that I could as long as it doesn't get worse. Well, like an idiot I played volleyball again (in different shoes), but because it was already a little swollen (and I did wear knee support), it swelled again. So...I've decided to take at least a week off with lots of ice and ibuprofen. I hate taking time off (and I probably should have done so earlier than now), but I think that it's probably the right thing to do. I'll check back in next week.
Last edited by mikhou on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

mikhou wrote:So a week and a half ago after playing volleyball, I noticed that my right knee was a little shore. I know that it had to do with the shoes that I was wearing which offered zero lateral support. Well, I decided to tough through it and continued to workout because it didn't hurt when I lifted or ran. It has been swollen since then, and I did see a doctor who said that it was patella bursitis and that I should ice it a lot, take ibuprofen, and eventually it'll go down on its own. I asked if I could continue working out and said that I could as long as it doesn't get worse. Well, like an idiot I played volleyball again (in different shoes), but because it was already a little swollen (and I did wear knee support), it swelled again. So...I've decided to take at least a week off with lots of ice and ibuprofen. I hate taking time off (and I probably should have done so earlier than now), but I think that it's probably the right thing to do. I'll check back in next week.
Have a fast recovery!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Barkadion wrote: Have a fast recovery!
Thanks, Bark. I'm not very good at rest and recovery. This will be as much a test of mental fortitude as it will be a break. :D

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Barkadion wrote:Have a fast recovery!
Bark, I told you that it would be a mental game for me. I couldn't stand it. So I took 2 full days off, and today I decided to do some upper body and core work. However, I'm staying away from my knee. Ha!

OHP - 5,5,5 @ 49.4 kg
Barbell row - 5,5,7 @ 67.2 kg
Toes to Bar - 3 sets of 10 reps

That being said, I will definitely stay away from squats, deadlifts, sprinting, and most definitely volleyball for a full week! :D

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

mikhou wrote:
Barkadion wrote:Have a fast recovery!
Bark, I told you that it would be a mental game for me. I couldn't stand it. So I took 2 full days off, and today I decided to do some upper body and core work. However, I'm staying away from my knee. Ha!

OHP - 5,5,5 @ 49.4 kg
Barbell row - 5,5,7 @ 67.2 kg
Toes to Bar - 3 sets of 10 reps

That being said, I will definitely stay away from squats, deadlifts, sprinting, and most definitely volleyball for a full week! :D
I bet!! :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky