Basebuilding (Mass style) with E runs up to an hour (mixing TB2 and BB Mass?)

MxS/SE/HIC/E
mikhou

Basebuilding (Mass style) with E runs up to an hour (mixing TB2 and BB Mass?)

Post by mikhou »

Hey guys. Since TB Mass just came out for Kindle, I have only recently read it. I've got another 6-7 weeks before my next base build starts, and I am considering how I want to run it. In the past, I have been partial to the Strength First template for BB in TB2. However, I am considering using the SE programming in TB Mass using BP/SQ/RDL/Abs combined with E runs of up to an hour as shown in TB2. I haven't fully thought through this yet so I'm just wondering if you had thoughts as to why I shouldn't do this. Here are my reasons:

1. Conditioning is important to me. I'm more of a TB1 athlete than a Mass athlete.
2. However, I'm a big fan of the Strength First template because I don't like being away from the barbell for too long.

So using the SE work in TB Mass seems to be a good compromise between doing bodyweight SE and keeping my hands on a barbell. Thoughts?

KayBee

Re: Basebuilding (Mass style) with E runs up to an hour (mixing TB2 and BB Mass?)

Post by KayBee »

I'd have to re-read it again but off the top of my head I can't see why not to do it although it wouldn't;t be such a strength focused BB as teh Strength First approach to BB in TB2. What would you likely do as a continuation ?

mikhou

Re: Basebuilding (Mass style) with E runs up to an hour (mixing TB2 and BB Mass?)

Post by mikhou »

KayBee wrote:I'd have to re-read it again but off the top of my head I can't see why not to do it although it wouldn't;t be such a strength focused BB as teh Strength First approach to BB in TB2. What would you likely do as a continuation ?
Yeah, that's what I am trying to figure out. Do I want to keep a focus on "strength first" or do I want to build up work capacity using the same strength movements as I would use in continuation? My favored continuation protocol is Zulu I/A Black.