VenomousCoffee's Training Log

jzt

Re: VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Post by jzt »

VenomousCoffee wrote:The last few days I've really been thinking about / wanting to get leaner, smaller. And now I'm seriously considering bailing on this round of Operator and starting up Fighter with lighter weights for my 1RMs. And cutting back on how much food I eat, too.

Decisions...
What are you current stats and what are you looking to get down to?

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Wednesday 7/17
Squat 335 3x5
OHP 170 3x5
WPU 25lbs 3x5
E, 30 minutes on the bike

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

jzt wrote:
VenomousCoffee wrote:
Decisions...
What are you current stats and what are you looking to get down to?
I'm 5'9, 240 as of a few weeks ago. Meant to weigh myself at the gym today and forgot. I think 215 would be a good weight for me.

I decided to stay on Operator, but I cut a little weight off of the OHP and WPU and to stick to the minimum sets. And I am going to try to cut down on the food a little.

I have slimmed down through my torso this summer, no doubt from the extra sprinting sessions. And I have more fat to lose for sure. But part of my problem is that I'm carrying a lot of muscle in my torso that doesn't help me with the conditioning stuff I do for TB now (and in general, I just don't want this much of it) but I can't drop because I don't want to stop lifting altogether.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

And ... I realized today that I'm going to be due for a BB block soon. And if I don't start it, like, now, with a month of summer vacation left, I'll be looking at doing 60-90 minute runs in the late afternoon in Florida in August or September. And I don't like long distance jogging on a treadmill.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:And ... I realized today that I'm going to be due for a BB block soon. And if I don't start it, like, now, with a month of summer vacation left, I'll be looking at doing 60-90 minute runs in the late afternoon in Florida in August or September. And I don't like long distance jogging on a treadmill.
It's hot and super humid where I am now and it takes some guts to keep running.. Even at 5AM.. I can't imaging doing so in Florida.. Respect.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Thursday 7/18
Off

BB starts tomorrow. At least by starting my week on Friday I can put two running days over the weekend, when I can always go in the morning.

Barkadion wrote:
VenomousCoffee wrote:And ... I realized today that I'm going to be due for a BB block soon. And if I don't start it, like, now, with a month of summer vacation left, I'll be looking at doing 60-90 minute runs in the late afternoon in Florida in August or September. And I don't like long distance jogging on a treadmill.
It's hot and super humid where I am now and it takes some guts to keep running.. Even at 5AM.. I can't imaging doing so in Florida.. Respect.
It can be hell. I'm really kicking myself for not starting BB two weeks ago when I started this block of Operator.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Friday 7/19
SE, 3x20
E, 30 minutes on the bike and 30 on the rower

Start of BB. And I weighed myself today. I'm proud to say that after running extra sprint sessions and being pretty good, really, with my diet all summer, and as a result noticeably leaning out some in my face and torso, I have *drum roll* gained 5 pounds.

Sigh

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Saturday 7/20
E, 60 minute jog

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Sunday 7/21
E, 60 minute jog

VenomousCoffee