Grouchyjarhead Training

grouchyjarhead

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190729:
Max strength work in AM. HIIT once I get home from work before I take the boys to MMA.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190731:
Easy 2 mile run in under 20 minutes, then knocked out three rounds of ab work using a 30# rucksack (four count flutterkicks, four count hello dollies, toes to ruck leg raises).

20190801:
Max strength in AM. In the PM, 1 mile coupon ruck.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190803:
Robbie Miller WOD.
**6 mile ruck in 1:29:48, 30# ruck plate.
**12 rounds of the following exercises, 6 reps each: body weight pull ups, ruck burpee squats, ruck four count mountain climbers, and ruck get ups. 57:14 to complete.

Personal goal of mine was to get it done in under 2:30 which I accomplished today.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:20190803:
Robbie Miller WOD.
**6 mile ruck in 1:29:48, 30# ruck plate.
**12 rounds of the following exercises, 6 reps each: body weight pull ups, ruck burpee squats, ruck four count mountain climbers, and ruck get ups. 57:14 to complete.

Personal goal of mine was to get it done in under 2:30 which I accomplished today.
Congrats!! Ruck burpee squats... :shock:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Yeah they're pretty terrible Bark.

Over the weekend, I completed the GORUCK Tough and Light events dedicated to the brave men of Extortion 17 who lost their lives in Afghanistan in 2006. Our cadre was a plank owners (original founding member) of MARSOC and gave us an awesome pair of events. Between the two events I did about 16 heavy miles underneath four different logs and a bunch of construction sandbags, log PT as a team both in and out of the water, lots of fun on this monster hill (bear crawls, sprints, and what have you) so overall it was a great time physically. The cadre really sunk home a lot about why we were there and the details and passion he put into filling us in on the entire Extortion 17 incident and it really made it special. Awesome time overall.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Yeah they're pretty terrible Bark.

Over the weekend, I completed the GORUCK Tough and Light events dedicated to the brave men of Extortion 17 who lost their lives in Afghanistan in 2006. Our cadre was a plank owners (original founding member) of MARSOC and gave us an awesome pair of events. Between the two events I did about 16 heavy miles underneath four different logs and a bunch of construction sandbags, log PT as a team both in and out of the water, lots of fun on this monster hill (bear crawls, sprints, and what have you) so overall it was a great time physically. The cadre really sunk home a lot about why we were there and the details and passion he put into filling us in on the entire Extortion 17 incident and it really made it special. Awesome time overall.
Congrats! Sounds like great time!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Forgot to add the picture.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190812:
Light partner workout with the wife.

We did the following on a rotation basis - one person works, the other rests.

(1) 5 sets of 10 squat thrusts wearing rucksack.
(2) 2 rounds of the following circuit: 12 ruck swings, 32 bodyweight push-ups, 12 ruck squats, and 32 bodyweight sit-ups. I did my reps, then she did hers, and continue for the full time.

Overall it took us 15:06, not including warm up and cool down. Nice way to blow the stink off from the weekend.

20190813:
NSWG Core Circuit (loved it) then a fairly easy 2 mile run in 21:38.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190814:
Max strength work in the AM. Proof of TB's effectiveness - not only went up in all three lifts (press, back squat, weighted chin-up) but they all felt solid. I did lose one rep on the weighted chin-up - had to drop down to shake it off real quick to hop back up and hit the fifth rep of the final set. Considering I was going hard for almost 20 hours between Friday and Saturday, I'll take it.

Hill sprints were on the schedule for the afternoon but instead the family and I hit the overgrown hiking trails near a local park and found some old streets, city steps, and even a footbridge over a misty swamp. Good times. 1.6 miles with 45# in 53 minutes.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190815:
Fun partner workout with the wife. One person rucks 400m, the other does the following exercises until the other one gets back: squats, high plank hold, lunges, and flutter kicks with ruck extended overhead. We finished it off with a mile, with each of us carrying a 45# sandbag for half of it. We were both tired and not feeling it but ended up being happy we got it in. The sons joined us for the last mile, they took turns carrying an 8# dumbbell for the whole mile.

20190817:
4 mile ruck, 62 minutes.

Log PT simulation, all with 35# ruck:
100 shoulder levers
200 forward lunges (ruck held to chest)
150 squats (ruck on shoulder, 75 each side)
150 RDLs (ruck held to chest)

Finished the above in 28 minutes. Still feeling good, might squeeze a 2 mile run in later.